PDA

View Full Version : Random hands consistantly not imported

thejoe126
02-15-2009, 12:35 AM
Over the last couple of days I've noticed random hands are not being imported into holdem manager. I just played a test session where I refreshed session data every 5 minutes and from the very start hands started missing. After 200 hands It said I was up $30ish and the fulltilt lobby said I was down.

I've never had any problems before, but a few weeks ago I changed computer and backed up my old database and restored it on the new computer. Since this problem started I've tried creating a new database restoring it then importing the new hands played from my archieve folder but the hands don't import properly and there are even more missing than before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

akvsaq
02-15-2009, 08:43 AM
Over the last couple of days I've noticed random hands are not being imported into holdem manager. I just played a test session where I refreshed session data every 5 minutes and from the very start hands started missing. After 200 hands It said I was up $30ish and the fulltilt lobby said I was down.

I've never had any problems before, but a few weeks ago I changed computer and backed up my old database and restored it on the new computer. Since this problem started I've tried creating a new database restoring it then importing the new hands played from my archieve folder but the hands don't import properly and there are even more missing than before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

I just came to this forum to post and you have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM AS I!! I did everything like you did. I export/import from old computer to new computer. One thing to note, I DID see some kind of error messages while import/exporting. Althought all my data seemed to show up OK on HM, I remember seeing after I imported or exported using postgre something like postgres dump: error? (not exact words but something like that.)I import/exported using ONLY postgreSQL tools and NOT from HM. What to do to solve this problem? This is VERY VERY important to me!!

Al1
02-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Your backuped DB is probably corrupted, thus when you restore it, you restore also the corruption.

Can you create a new DB, and import all your hands from your original HHs files.
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

akvsaq
02-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Your backuped DB is probably corrupted, thus when you restore it, you restore also the corruption.

Can you create a new DB, and import all your hands from your original HHs files.
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

I have windows vista 64.
I created a folder called C:\FullTiltHandHistory\
When I go to that folder, i see another folder that was created automatically.(the name of this folder is my FT username), inside it says the folder is empty. I specifed under "Days to Keep Hand Histories" in FT to 9999999. I don't understand what's going on. I also created a backup folder as recommended by HM called C:\Pokerhands\FT.

1) What do you mean by "import all your hands from your original HHs"? Do you mean I just have to lose all my previous HH's from my old computer because it may be corrupted?

2) What I'm doing now is I created a new database and using HOLDEM MANAGER's import/export feature to transfer the database of the one I'm having problems with. Will this work? Will I be transferring corrupt files this way?

3) When I backed up my old computer's database, I ALSO backed it up using HOLDEM MANAGER's backup feature as WELL as postgre's backup feature. I'm guessing the files got corrupted by using postgre's feature because I remember seeing some error messages. I have NOT tried using HOLDEM MANAGER's import/export feature to move it to my new computer.
How about this. I create a new database, import from the back up I made using HOLDEM MANAGER's BACKUP FEATURE instead of postgre's and THEN add the hands from this new computer. IS THIS THE BEST WAY TO FIX MY PROBLEM OR IS STAYING WITH #2 OK? OR JUST START A NEW DATABASE AND LOSE EVERYTHING. IF #3 is the best way, where are my files from THIS computer? My "C:\FullTiltHandHistory\" is empty but I DO see files under "C:\Pokerhands\FT" (the backup folder I created by recommendation of HM), is this where ALL the hands from this new computer are?

Al1
02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
You can do that.

1) Reimport your hands from Archived folder of your old and new computer in a new DB

2) Export your hands from your corrupted DB and import those hands in the new DB.