PDA

View Full Version : HUD Process runs into error or "Out Of Memory"

NijntjeNL
04-25-2011, 09:57 AM
The last couple of days my HUD crashes a couple of times per day. It usually works fine when i use the "Relaunch HUD" option from the HEM Menu. However, sometimes that works for just a couple of hands before it crashes again. At the moment I type, it will relaunch when I close the process HMHud.exe from Task Manager, but crashes again after 2-3 hands (The HMHud.exe process crashes and Table Manager shows Out of Memory).

Also, I regularly get the message "Out Of Memory" (given by Table Manager) in the last couple of days. It's worth to note that although I have the latest HEM, tablemanager still shows 1.11.06b (not d).

I vacuum and analyze my DB once a week, play 4 tables rushpoker on Full Tilt and have a very large database. My system memory is fine, task manager shows me that I only use around 50% of my physical memory and only 1-3% of my processor. I also edited my postgresql.config file according to your guidelines (no logging and the memory it may use).

What can I do? A complete reboot often works, but that takes time and I have to close all tables where I build up a nice deep stack.

I'm running a fairly clean install of Windows 7 home premium N(without the media stuff) which I only use for poker (for the rest I have a mac). All I installed besides HEM and pokersoftware is Safari (which often runs while playing poker), Flash plug-in for Safari and IE, iTunes+QuickTime and Microsoft Silverlight. I run the 64bit version on a Intel Core2 Quad processor with 4GB of RAM and a 7200RPM HDD.

fozzy71
04-25-2011, 03:35 PM
This is a PC or MAC? Which Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with holdem manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

1) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
2) Reboot your computer
3) Please install the latest version: http://rvgsoftware.fileburst.com/HmBetaUpdate.exe
4) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel.
5) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

From your Windows "Start" button, select "Run..."

Type DXDIAG in the "Open:" field and hit Enter.

DXDIAG will start, and may display a prompt that begins "Do you want to allow DxDiag to check if your drivers are digitally signed..." Answer "Yes" to this query if it appears.

A window entitled "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" appears, and in the lower left corner, a progress meter begins to advance towards the right as DXDIAG collects information relating to the system's hardware and Windows component configuration.

When the progress indicator disappears, hit the "Save All Information" button. Save this file as DXDIAG.TXT where it can be easily located. By default, DXDIAG will place this file on the Desktop.

Note: If you do not see a button that allows you to save the output, you will need to log on to Windows as the Administrator.

Attach this file

NijntjeNL
04-25-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm running a PC, already with the Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Firewall in recommended settings.

I've enabled logging and will follow up with an e-mail as soon as this happens again. Thank you again for your kind response.

mzurita
04-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Same problem....

I am trying this solve but it seems not work.... :(

Any idea?

Thanks!

Patvs
04-27-2011, 10:11 AM
@mzurita are you running Norton?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

And read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html