PDA

View Full Version : Manager Lagged loading reports etc..

originaL
07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure why, but HEM is slow (for me) when I do basically anything in it. Say I choose a particular report, it will generally take 4+ seconds to load. If I want to look at my biggest pots won and lost and I click on the field heading to organize the data, its taking at least 5-7 seconds to re-organize the list.

edit: I should actually add in this interesting find for the developers - say I want to organize a field of data. If I click it once, it lags for about 5+ seconds before re-organizing the data. However if I spazz on my mouse and click the field heading several times, it re-organizes almost instantly (but you never know how many times you clicked, so you have no idea how it will organize it). Weird? Basically I'm saying that it seems HEM is capable of arranging data fast, it just lags consistently for some reason.

Just to get a couple obvious things out of the way - I'm not trying to load my entire poker history, even with 1 session it is this slow.

I never had this problem before with different tracker programs, so I'm not sure whats going on. It leaves me to believe that its something to do with the performance or the way HEM manages data? Does anyone else have this issue? Any solutions?

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.2

Here are my computer stats:
Dell Inspiron 1705
1.8ghz Dual Core
2ghz RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GO video card (I think its 8600 or something)
Hard drive is whatever is in dell computers and I believe its 5400RPM

morny
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Are you using the Latest Version of Holdem Manager available is: 1.06.01n and is available here: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01n.exe

Have you tried a Vacuum http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=60

originaL
07-31-2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Morny,

No, I'm not using 1.06.01n.exe, but I am using 1.06.01m which was just released 3 days ago. Is there something in n that addresses this issue?

Is anyone else reporting significant lag issues within the manager, who has a fairly decent computer rig?

Thanks

JazzPunk
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Yes, I have also such problems but 4 seconds is fast for me. I wait up to 10 minuts.

originaL
07-31-2008, 05:07 PM
well to be honest, I've never timed it. doing anything in HEM takes at least five seconds to generate, but i imagine at times it could be over 10 seconds.

JazzPunk
07-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Sorry, this is realy no fun. It takes realy 10 Minutes and it is not usable for me.

morny
07-31-2008, 07:17 PM
Original,

Did you try the vacuum, any improvement?

Jazz, what specs are your PC. Have u the latest version, have you done a vacuum and done defragment of the drive > Start Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Defragmentation

Id also recommend people with these problems request to join the beta group so you can test the beta releases and give feedback to hopefully solve this problem. The vast majority of people dont have these problems which is why their so difficult to fix

originaL
07-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Hi Morny,

I have done a vacuum on a couple occasions. It doesn't seem to have fixed the slowness.

I'm not sure if this will help you, but I noticed when I was importing my database from PT2, I was only averaging about 30h/s. I've heard averages are around 80h/s?

I didn't used to have this problem with older more simple trackers (PT2). I just can't for the life of me figure out why its going slow.

JazzPunk
08-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Original,

Did you try the vacuum, any improvement?

Jazz, what specs are your PC. Have u the latest version, have you done a vacuum and done defragment of the drive > Start Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk Defragmentation

Id also recommend people with these problems request to join the beta group so you can test the beta releases and give feedback to hopefully solve this problem. The vast majority of people dont have these problems which is why their so difficult to fix

Yes, I have done this already. I use 1.06.01n. And my Laptop is a DELL Inspiron 8200, 2GH, 1GB RAM (and it is not possible to have 2 GB RAM).

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 02:09 AM
The report speeds will be increased dramatically in an upcoming update - first I need to get these import issues a few people are having under control then I can move on to that.

I have prototyped this functionality already and even big reports on huge db's were extremely quick.

Roy