PDA

View Full Version : retrieve hands from database

sum
04-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Hello, first of all sorry for my technological illiteracy. When the hands in the default folder are imported to the database, where the HM saves these hands? I mean, is there any folder where I can find the information (hands, etc.) of my database? I ask that because accidentally I erased the import folder time ago (so, there are few hands in my import folder now, but the HM database still running with all my hands) and now my hard drive seems about to break down. How can I save my database and all the hands if eventually I had to change my PC and install the HM there? Thanks

Patvs
04-24-2011, 04:13 PM
HoldemManager moves the original handhistories to the archive folder: C:HMArchive

The hands are also stored in the PostgreSQL database. You can actually export them from the database (options--> database management--> connect--> export hands)... or create a full backup of the entire database: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

sum
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Thank you, I'll try to export them (my C:HMArchive is empty). One question: I guess if I export the hands from the database, these hands will be copied in some folder but the database won't be emptied, will it?

netsrak
04-25-2011, 04:58 AM
The hands will stay in the database. Its just an additional export file.

sum
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Thank you very much guys