PDA

View Full Version : "Show $EV adjusted" has stopped working.

Romet6
04-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi,

I have used Hold'em Manager for many months and it was working fine but about two weeks ago the "Show $EV adjusted" stopped working.

When I check my hands the "cEV Diff" and the "$EV Diff" is almost always 0 no matter what I do, no matter how many chips I have and how close to the bubble I am or how much my hands dominate or get dominated my $EV adjusted ROI% is always the same as the ROI% that is not adjusted.

Considering all of the situations that I have run into for the past two weeks that just can't be correct. It first started when I was playing Full Tilt's 9man Satellites. Third prize was money and first two prizes were entries to tournaments from which you could unregister and get Tournament Dollars which can also be converted into Real Money. I figured that maybe HM just can't handle satellites but now when I play regular 45 man SNGs on Pokerstars with real money prizes the situation hasn't changed for over a week now.

I haven't updated or changed anything prior to the issue but couple of days ago I updated HM to the latest version (1.11.06d) to fix the problem and I also tried something that was suggested in an older thread (creating a new database, making it the default database and reimporting the hands) but nothing has changed. I keep playing regular real money tournaments and the "$EV Diff" is still "$0.00"

Also for older 45 man tournaments on pokerstars the "$EV adjusted" is still working. It just stopped calculating the difference even though I'm playing the same games on stars that I used to play. Has stars made changes to their hand histories lately?

Otherwise it's an awesome program,
Thank You for the work you've put into this
and for reading this thread.

Patvs
04-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Luck Adjusted Winnings will only work for STT (single table... so either 2, 6, 9 or 10 handed).

It's not possible to calculate it for MTTs.

Can you play a regular one table SNG to see if it will show the $EV Diff.

Romet6
04-24-2011, 06:56 PM
Luck Adjusted Winnings will only work for STT (single table... so either 2, 6, 9 or 10 handed).

It's not possible to calculate it for MTTs.

Can you play a regular one table SNG to see if it will show the $EV Diff.

Hi,

I guesss I've been checking the luck adjusted winnings only for STTs so far then and only recently checked it for MTTs also.

I will get back to you if I have any problems with regular STTs.
What about the satellites, is it not supposed to work for satellites?
After all every prize should have a cash value that can be used in the calculation.

Thank you for your help.

Patvs
04-25-2011, 08:02 AM
For satellites..: it depends on whether it's a:
-FPP buyin satellite
-freeroll satellite when you can actually win a real money price
-regular real money buyin--> where you win an entry into a different tournament: with these types of satellites the summary will often only mention you win "entry into tournament #5295624659" without mentioning what that entry is worth.

PokerStars recently started to add the info of what the entry is worth in a dollar value. HoldemManager still has to fix this in an update so this info can be used to calculate the $EV