PDA

View Full Version : Did a restore after hard disk fail couple things off.

Biju
04-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Missing this info still:

Bonuses and rakeback. Can't find.

The following didn't restore but I manually imported, changed, found or reset.

Reset my Additional table filters.
Manualy reimorted notes.
manually changed sidebar set up.

olliepower
04-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi,

When you backed up your DB did you follow these steps?

Export Your Bonuses and Rakeback Options > Rakeback & Bonuses http://faq.holdemmanager.com/images/rakeback-bonuses-01.jpg

And finally
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/99/Reinstalling+HEM+without+Losing+Preferences+

If you never exported and saved your preferences/rakeback and your hard drive failed, I do not think they are recoverable.

Biju
04-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Silly me. When I read that HEM had incorporated a Back Up restore feature that was a one stop shop I presumed all these things would be backed up too. But oh no, it's nothing of the sort. Why not? Oh well that will teach me.

Biju
04-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Can one of you confirm if all relevant user changes can be included in your back up feature in a future update as it must be quite easy to incorporate these files. Or at least store all of them in one master file to make back ups much more intuitive as it's really annoying to lose all this info permenantly when you think you've backed it all up.

Patvs
04-26-2011, 08:10 PM
Back and Restore Utility will save all your settings (/Config subfolder).... FishFinder subfolder has all TableScanner settings.

The bonus/rakeback (also you notes) info is stored in the PostgreSQL database.
Savest backup, is a backup in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

Biju
04-26-2011, 08:22 PM
TY. My point is can't your Back Up/restore utility include all of these so you dont have to do multiple backups and restores. One click backup/restore so to speak

Biju
05-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Bumping this as I got no reply:

Can someone from HEM point me to a list - or give us a list - of all the files you should back up if you want to keep ALL of your HEM settings data etc in the event of a Hard Drive failure, and if in future there is a plan for a one stop back up feature in HEM (currently it isn't) that can do all of this config style stuff outside of the database so all info is safe. Pissed me off when I thought I had saved everything and I permenantly lost all my info on bonuses and r/back (a big % of many peoples bankroll info gone for good) and less so when I had to manually re do some settings and all my custom stats.

Patvs
05-07-2011, 02:19 AM
Notes/bonus & rakeback info should be stored in the database.
So restoring a database should restore that.

Did you do a restore in pgadminIII or using the backup & restore utility in HoldemManager?

---

Best backup: do the backup in pgadminIII ( http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase )
And regularly:
-1 save your custom HUD (by exporting it) and save the custom popups
-2 export your notes/bonus/rakeback info (since if the backup is corrupted or anything happens where you're unable to restore it, you'll have this extra backup
-3 save the original handhistories in the archive folder. Since at some point reimporting ALL the hands will be required. Note: for example when HoldemManager is adding the 84 new stats, it will require you to reimport the handhistories if you want to use them.

Biju
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
I save HMArchive on a daily basis via Carbonite. I then had done the HEM BackUP Utility. I hoped this was everything but it wasn't. I didn't realise some of the stuff was saved on PostgreSQL. I guess it's a programming technical issue as to why it's stored there but I naievely thought all of my HEM stuff like config stats notes r/b bonus info would be backed up by this HEM Utility. IS there a way in the future for your Back Up Utility to indicate all of this and have a couple of different Back Ups maybe so one is a one time thing on things that don't change too often but things like notes and bonus r/b info that changes regularly does get backed up.

As I have a carbonite service what files should I include in this so everything gets backed up?

Patvs
05-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Use the backup & restore utility to also make a weekly (or monthly backup) of the PostgreSQL database.

Or use pgadminIII.
Or add the entire Program Files/PostgreSQL folder to be backed up regularly.