PDA

View Full Version : HEM not working

Grindation
04-21-2011, 09:05 AM
My holdem manager wont start up. I have used HEM many times and ater force shutting down my laptop HEM wont start. here's the process in which it declines me access. Starts HEM, HEM loads, pop up saying 'the following error occurred when tring to open the database: failed to esttablish a connection to 127.0.0.1',
Clicked 'ok', 'database control panel' popped up saying 'Holdem manager needs to know where to find the database. please enter in the details below and click on connect', Codes are entered in default, I click 'connect', a pop up comes saying ' A connection to PostgreSQL could nt be made. Would you like to have holdem manager attempt to start the service?', I click 'yes', pop up says 'Holdem manager has started the service. please try again', i try again. it repeated again...

Please help

netsrak
04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
Solutions:
1. Reboot your computer
2. If that doesn't help look for the hidden system file postmaster.pid in the postgresql data folder, delete it and reboot your computer again.
3. Check the postgresql service in the windows services (control panel->administration). Sometimes it helps to change the Logon As.. to "local system account"
4. Check our FAQ:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+