PDA

View Full Version : Estimating Ranges For Unknowns (Advanced Query?)

gamingmouse
02-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi,

Consider this example: I open otb in an NL game and get called by an unknown BB. I want to use a large db of mined hands to estimate what range of hands this player can have after calling in the BB.

The problem, as far as I can tell, I can't filter actions based on situation like this... in fact, I can't even find a way to filter our my own hands where I raise otb and get called by the BB exactly.

But I want to do here is even more complex. I want to look at any hand where:

1. any button opens and the BB calls
2. hand goes to showdown

Then I want to average the hands that BB showsdown and display in the hole card tab, with the weighted colors.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Jonah

morny
02-10-2009, 11:31 PM
No sorry you cant do this filter as theres no filter that covers where BB calls = true, maybe you could reverse it where the BB calls a raise from Button, would that achieve the same results

To get it from more than 1 player isnt really a feature implemented but you can add many players to an alias by right clicking on them in the players TAB and then run the filter on the alias to see a bigger sample

gamingmouse
02-11-2009, 12:37 PM
No sorry you cant do this filter as theres no filter that covers where BB calls = true, maybe you could reverse it where the BB calls a raise from Button, would that achieve the same results

To get it from more than 1 player isnt really a feature implemented but you can add many players to an alias by right clicking on them in the players TAB and then run the filter on the alias to see a bigger sample

Hi morny,

Thanks for your reply. However, I dont think this approach would work as I'd have to alias ALL the other players in the db into one player? Even if I picked just a few high volume players, what would happen when there was a hand that they both played in?

I thought HM had an advanced way to create your own custom filters and queries? Where is the documentation on that? Or am I thinking of something else....

Thanks,
Jonah

morny
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
If you have a bit SQL experience have a look at the Custom Reports section of the forum, particularly the stickys Roy wrote, you might be able to write something from there