PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

jontewks
02-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey,

I have had HEM for a few weeks now, and it has been nothing but trouble for me. I had the latest version running on XP, and my code stopped working randomly, so support reset it and told me to use the latest beta. It then worked for a while longer until a few days ago my HUD crashed. I reopened the program and it seemed to be ok. I began to import the hands I had played while HEM was down and it crashed again. I tried to reopen it again, but somehow in the crash it had corrupted the database and I can't even access it through PG admin. So I downloaded HEM and PostgreSQL again and when I went to enter the code, it no longer works. I contacted support a few days ago and haven't heard anything yet. At what point is a refund a viable option? I am quite fed up with HEM.

jontewks
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Sent another email to support today, they responded and I was able to install HEM again. DB is completely gone. Anyway to get these hands back?

morny
02-10-2009, 11:35 PM
When you say its completely gone, did you delete it, if so there isnt much you can do. If you didnt then just go to Options > Database Management and export the hands from this old database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and then reopen the new database you created and import those hands you just exported

jontewks
02-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Yes I tried that, but when the option to pick which database to export hands from comes up, the only database that shows up is titled, "Unknown(Unknown)" and HEM won't export hands from it since it says it cannot export hands from databases that weren't created with HEM.

morny
02-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Ah ok, if you had your HH archived youll be able to reimport those but looks like that database is beyond retrieval