PDA

View Full Version : HEM doesn't start and there is no error message.

lriemann
04-19-2011, 05:43 AM
Hi

A day or two ago my HEM stopped working after it has been working fine for two years.

When i start the software i get the HEM startup screen showing it's registered and the connecting to database message but then that screen disappears and although the HEM appears in the task bar at the bottom of the screen it is not visible even when i click it.

I am using XP SP2, hope someone can help with this problem.

Cheers
Ron

netsrak
04-19-2011, 07:59 AM
No error message?
Other then this your PC is running fine?

Which HM version are you using? We generally recommend XP SP3 and all security updates installed.

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? And if yes which ones?

lriemann
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Hi

I'm using the latest HM version, i didn't change anything since i last used HM.

If i download and install the full version again, will i have to define all the settings again?

Cheers
Ron

Sarek
04-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Please update Windows to sp3. Simply go to windowsupdate and take all they give.
You can save HM settings via File-Backup menu (untick databases and it will run 2-3 seconds).

lriemann
04-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Hi

I updated to SP3 but there is no change.

I can't backup since i can't even start the program, it just appears on the taskbar and in the task manager i can see HM.exe and hmimport.exe running but i can't see any windows, really weird.
Is there any way to check out if the PGadmin is causing this problem or if it's the main program?

Appreciate your help.
Ron

netsrak
04-21-2011, 04:01 AM
To save your settings just copy the config subfolder.
Your database can be saved via pgadmin: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup+%26+Restore+Database

Please uninstall HEM using Revo Uninstaller: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/126/Using+Revo+Uninstaller+

After completion please reboot your computer and download and install the full installer from our homepage. Please make sure that the postgresql option is disabled during the installation.

lriemann
04-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi, unfortunately the problem hasn't been solved.

After i uninstalled using revo i reinstalled Hold'em manager (leaving postgres deselected) and launched it.

HM identified my Hand history folders and then i got an error message FATAL 3D 000 database "holdem manager" does not exist, i pressed OK and then connected to database, chose one as default and launched it.
I managed to start up the software and the HUD was working too so i exited HM to copy and paste the configuration folder but after doing that i couldn't start HM again , got the same problem as before at first and then got an error message that HM encountered a problem and needs to close.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Cheers
Ron

netsrak
04-22-2011, 05:53 AM
There seems to be a bug in your old configuration.
Did you create a backup copy of your new configuration before overwriting it with the old one?

If yes restore it, if not reinstall again.

And after successful reinstallation don't copy the whole original config folder just copy some files and test after this to see what causes the problems ( i think its the file holdemmanager.config).

lriemann
04-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Thanks, it seems to be working again, i'll give it some more testing this weekend.

Appreciate it
Ron

lriemann
04-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi, everything seems to be working again, thanks for the help!