PDA

View Full Version : Teething Problems

Indian_Skimmer
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi

New to HM as o today and struggling somewhat.Am longstanding PT user so used to these things but cant seem to sort this one out........

1)I want to purge the tourney Hands that I earlier imported from my PT3 database.They show up in HM ie imported but cant get ri of them.When I set things to purge tourney hands it just says no hands deleted and I'm stuck with several thousand hands that I dont want,searched high and low for an answer,cant find one

2) I want to vacuum the database but am constantly instructed to do this manually...2 things firstly why???? and secondly when I folow the link to the doc file to tell me how to do it it doesnt open!!!!!!!! so I'm stuck.

Surely this procedure should be automatic?????

anyway any help re above much appreciated as I'm getting somewhat fustrated...thanks in advance

morny
02-09-2009, 03:08 PM
1) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=152 FAQ on purging

2) It is automatic however for some people this is blocked, possibly a vista issue but we havent figured it out yet. To open that document you need to open it in a word processer like Microsoft Word or if you google Open Office you can download Open Office Writer and thats free and will open it, i cant just copy and paste as it has a good few images aswell

Indian_Skimmer
02-09-2009, 03:17 PM
thx morny for the quick reply.I have sorted out the doc file problem and manually vacuumed but things are exactly the same ie i cant run an automatic vacuum of the db and I still cant puge any hands from the tourney section.

I am running the latest HM version only bought this morning.

My operating system is vista.

I initially exported my PT3 database tp HM but then decided to delete it by purging hands.

I have got rid of all the cash hands but the hands/player stats etc under tourney will not purge.I have the purge set to tourney.I cant see what I'm doing wrong if anything.

If u need any more info please ask but not sure I can tell you much more,probs still exist ie cant run vacuum automatically even after going into postgres and doing it manually and purge aint working

morny
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah we dont have a solution yet for people who cant do the automatic one but the manual one is exactly the same just saves you the hassle of doing that manually.

Are you sure your filters are correct when purging? Maybe post a screenshot and tell me what your trying to purge, you might be missing something. Lastly what version of HM are you using?

Indian_Skimmer
02-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks Morny but I've created a new database that will do thanks