PDA

View Full Version : Old Microgaming Hand Histories to new database? (GameHistory.dat)

choccychip
04-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi

I have 5 months worth of Microgaming Hand Histories imported into my Holdem Manager database on my PC. I want to trasnfer the database to my laptop. Unfortunately, by importing all the data from HMArchive and the GameHistory.dat file inside the poker software folder from my PC I can only get the last 30 days of hands.

I did a little digging and found Microgaming only saves the last 30 days of hands maximum (the GameHistroy.dat file is around 180mb). Therefore, I assume the file overwrites Hand Histories after it reaches the 30 day cap.

My question is whether the hands stored in HM can be moved from my PC to my Laptop some other way if I cannot import the folders own Hand Histories file directly?

Many Thanks for any help or advice, I searched for hours trying to dig up old threads but nobody had answered this question (that I could find).

netsrak
04-19-2011, 03:59 AM
The hands are not in the hm archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) either?

You can export the hands on your old computer, copy the export to the new computer and import them there:

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/98/How+to+Import+%26+Export+Hands#export dates

choccychip
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Thanks the export hands option worked great. That link was perfect.