PDA

View Full Version : VPIP Denominator miscalculated

WanderingMind
02-08-2009, 09:18 PM
The VPIP reports high due to pre-flop folded hands not being inserted into the playerhands tables.

I did a small sample of seeing 8 hands and importing them.
-------------------------
1 BB (no raises to me so i checked and folded on flop),
1 SB - folded pre-flop, did not complete,
2 other hands I entered,
4 others i folded preflop.

the denominator should have been 8.
the nominator was the 2 hands i entered for a VPIP of 2/8 = 25%

BUT, the importer does not create a line item in playerhandscashkeycolumns for hands folded preflop (fine, it saves space, and i dont need to evaluate preflop folded hands) and only displays the BB hand, SB hand, and 2 hands I entered for a VPIP of 50%.

Selecting sum(1) of playerhandscashkeycolumns for the denominator of the VPIP results in a logic flaw.

I haven't checked the HUD, but I don't imagine you have 2 different stat functions for the same data source.

PCP Poker
02-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Either you are very mistaken, or you are getting an error. There is most definitely a line entered for hands you fold preflop. They receive a FirstPreflopActionType_ID value of 0 and also a preflopplayeractiontype_id of 0, which both represent a fold.

Try running a query from pg admin and see if anything returns. Something like

SELECT count (playerhand_id)
FROM playerhandscashkeycolumns
WHERE preflopplayeractiontype_id = 0
AND player_id = "your player id"

WanderingMind
02-08-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm getting a zero return. let me get a single hand example to post and load.

WanderingMind
02-08-2009, 10:04 PM
here is an attachment to load and test.

It's converted to a PartyPoker format (so HM thinks its Party which is fine).

so I SHOULD see a line for player TESTHERO, but there isn't one.

Rvg72
02-15-2009, 11:40 AM
In that sample hand the lines end in "folds " when it should be "folds" for Party which is causing the hand not to parse correctly and make it appear that the player did not play the hand since there were no valid actions. Since it thinks he did not play the hand then no entries are added to the relevant tables for that player.

How are you getting this hand history? Party does not add a space after fold in the client - that is the root of the problem

Roy