PDA

View Full Version : Setting up PostgreSQL

kelbs
02-08-2009, 05:26 PM
I looked through the FAQ already and didn't really see anything regarding my specific situation.

I already have postgreSQL installed on my computer becuase I was using the trial version of Poker Tracker 3 for a while. Anyways, I just downloaded HEM and plan to purchase it when my trial is up, but the first time I tried to connect to postgreSQL it gave me the message:

"The username and/or password is incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the database to accept this login and password."

So my problem is that I downloaded postgreSQL quite some time ago and I'm not really sure what my username and password is (if that even makes sense because I don't even remember creating one). I'd like to be able to convert the database I have for PT3 to HEM, so I don't really want to click yes or no at this point because I'm not entirely sure of the consequences.

Thank you

morny
02-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Just click yes and then it will let you use any password and all should be fine. You cant convert a PT database or open it via HM, youll need to export your HH from PT and then create a new HM database and import the hands into that: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=63

kelbs
02-08-2009, 08:27 PM
Thank you very much!

My trial version of PT3 has already expired and so I cannot go in and export the files. Can I still import the hand histories without having to buy PT3 just to do this?

morny
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Its should have archived the files, if you can find these you can import these instead, contact PT about where they archive their hands