Added mass purging of hands (under options) and fixed a few minor bugs

Roy

ShLiM
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
First! :d

sdplayer
07-31-2008, 02:28 AM
got message:
an error occurred: error: 53100: could not write block 52258 of relation 1663/19467/45572: no space left on device

i know i had gotten quite low, running the update database had eaten up over 2 gbs, maybe 2.5.

help

mamba
07-31-2008, 02:59 AM
Trying to purge, but I get this error after a while:

"There was an error during the purge. Connection establishment timeout. Timeout value in ConnectingString."

and after I press OK:

"There was an error during the Purge. ERROR:57014: canceling statement due to user request"

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
can you free up any space manually? The update creates 3 new indexes which are needed to ensure deletions don't take hours for big db's but that's pretty surprising that it took up that much space...

If you can free up the space in order to let the update work then you can clear out all the old hands that you don't want any more and you should be good.

Let me know if you need a hand with teamviewer tomorrow

Roy

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
Trying to purge, but I get this error after a while:

"There was an error during the purge. Connection establishment timeout. Timeout value in ConnectingString."

and after I press OK:

"There was an error during the Purge. ERROR:57014: canceling statement due to user request"

How many hands were you trying to delete? How long did it take for this message to appear and did it happen after you got a msgbox saying that "x hands will be deleted"

Roy

sariboxer
07-31-2008, 03:40 AM
Roy,

could you please explain what exactly this new "mass purging of hands" does?

I mean
-will it modify the HUD stats?
-will it modify my own stats in HM (bb/100, etc.)

I just dont dare to run it until I dont know exactly what will I loose :)

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Roy,

could you please explain what exactly this new "mass purging of hands" does?

I mean
-will it modify the HUD stats?
-will it modify my own stats in HM (bb/100, etc.)

I just dont dare to run it until I dont know exactly what will I loose :)

It will not modify HUD stats at the moment however when I add the DB cache rebuilder it will because some hands will be missing.

It will modify everything in every other tab since you are removing all traces of the hands. You can set it up though to not remove hands where you were seated. This is best used to wipe out old limits that you do not play any more in order to shrink your db.

Roy

sariboxer
07-31-2008, 03:48 AM
ok, so it is really different than the other purging possibility that is under "observed hand history configuration"

thx the answer!

mamba
07-31-2008, 04:06 AM
How many hands were you trying to delete?

I tried it twice. 1st time ~2 million hands, 2nd time ~500K.

How long did it take for this message to appear

like 40 Minutes the 1st time and 10 minutes the 2nd.

and did it happen after you got a msgbox saying that "x hands will be deleted"
Yes, I got that msgbox and after that the PC was busy for the 40 Minute stretch, then I got the error.

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Was it ok the second time? Or same error just sooner?

JazzPunk
07-31-2008, 04:12 AM
Observed Hands are no longer imported.
With this version I got for each file and hand an error.

starf
07-31-2008, 04:44 AM
FYI

tried to delete observed hands, first i got the msgbox saying he is going to delete 730k hands, and then after half an hour of hard work:
- "there was an error during the purge: connection establishment timeout. increase timeout value in connectionstring"

after pressing OK:
- "there was an error during the purge: error: 57014 canceling statement due to user request"

then i tried to purge again with the same options and he still found 730k hands
didn't bother :)

anzz
07-31-2008, 05:39 AM
So I updated from 1.06.01 (iirc) to 1.06.01n and found out that the hud has once again that annoying "feature" that doesn't allow me to place the stats over the titlebar. Can I go back to old version now that I've done the database update? I can't play with this hud..

Oh, and I tried to use that mass hh purger and the filters were definitely not working correctly. I have no idea what it deleted but not the ones I wanted it to.

And seriously, go back to that old style for the reports/lists, this new one is not faster in any way, it looks bad and lacks features that the old version had (sorting by hand in holecards report for example, or selecting multiple hands by dragging mouse).. it's giving me a mega tilt.

mamba
07-31-2008, 07:20 AM
Was it ok the second time? Or same error just sooner?

Same error just sooner, due to less hands.

kidpokeher
07-31-2008, 08:40 AM
I've been bugging Roy via email so I know he's already aware. For the others here, are you having problems importing FT hands? I'm getting import errors on 1 of every 10 hands. Stars imports seem to work ok.

sdplayer
07-31-2008, 08:57 AM
i cleared another gig to 3.5 and it still happened.
was at block 204279

how much spac do i need, i dont think i have any left to create

i tried deleting observed hands before, but got the same errors others mentioned

can you free up any space manually? The update creates 3 new indexes which are needed to ensure deletions don't take hours for big db's but that's pretty surprising that it took up that much space...

If you can free up the space in order to let the update work then you can clear out all the old hands that you don't want any more and you should be good.

Let me know if you need a hand with teamviewer tomorrow

Roy

sdplayer
07-31-2008, 09:02 AM
despite the error message, it seems to have worked.

sdplayer
07-31-2008, 09:10 AM
so then i do a purge, said 800k hands, i say yes.
10 minuteslater there was an error during the purge.
error 53100
could not write to hash-join temp file: no space left on device

does it really need 3.5 gbs to delete 800K hands??

Luke4130
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
FYI

tried to delete observed hands, first i got the msgbox saying he is going to delete 730k hands, and then after half an hour of hard work:
- "there was an error during the purge: connection establishment timeout. increase timeout value in connectionstring"

after pressing OK:
- "there was an error during the purge: error: 57014 canceling statement due to user request"

then i tried to purge again with the same options and he still found 730k hands
didn't bother :)

im getting the same errors as these. ive tried 1m, 700k, 200k, and 70k hands at a time and got the error each time. I did manage to purge a group of 1500 hands succesfully though.

fnuno
07-31-2008, 11:13 AM
dont forget to correct the prima's miniview table to allow the hud stats to be placed outside the game window. thx

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
ok, maybe I should ask if anyone has got purging working ok. It worked for me on 500K hands...

I'll make some changes today that should improve this

Roy

El Helado
07-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Just wondering if the betfair laggyness has fixed itself? Read the 1.06-thread and it appears that a lot of people has problems with importspeeds and average performance. Am using 1.05.10g now and it works fine.

Rookie
07-31-2008, 02:35 PM
I currently have version 1.05.07 installed and it works fine. I tried to upgrade to this version 1.06.01n but when i try to open it up I get this pop up error saying "An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Could not find a part of the path C: programfiles/.../.../../prefs.xml. "

tehmac
07-31-2008, 06:44 PM
HUD won't work AT ALL for me in this version. Had to revert back to 'm'. HUD won't load initially or relaunch.

morny
07-31-2008, 08:21 PM
I currently have version 1.05.07 installed and it works fine. I tried to upgrade to this version 1.06.01n but when i try to open it up I get this pop up error saying "An error occurred while loading the Prefs files: Could not find a part of the path C: programfiles/.../.../../prefs.xml. "

Just click yes for that, we working on it atm

morny
07-31-2008, 08:23 PM
HUD won't work AT ALL for me in this version. Had to revert back to 'm'. HUD won't load initially or relaunch.

Did you try launching the HUD via the Holdem Manager directory by clicking on the hmhud.exe file, aslo look for a spade icon in your task bar beside the cock as it might have minimized to there

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I've posted an update to "n" here:

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01n2.exe

To enable import logging (which you should only do if you are having very bad import speeds) create a file name tracelog.txt in your holdem manager\config folder

I spent all day on the importing piece so I'm hoping some / most of these < 10h/s people get big improvements. If not then after an "import folder" send me the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\Logs\ImportTrace.txt file to support@holdemmanager.net (this will only appear if you create the tracelog.txt file into your config folder)

And by the way, on huge DB's the hands/second with this build will start low but will continually increase. So for example, mine starts at about 20 but quickly is up over 40-45 with a 12 million hand DB

Will work on the Mass Deletion issues people are having tonight and tomorrow.

Roy

poiuz
08-01-2008, 05:51 AM
ok, maybe I should ask if anyone has got purging working ok. It worked for me on 500K hands...

I'll make some changes today that should improve this

Roy

Works for me.

Indexed two +5m databases - with each indexing steps taking 10 minutes or so ...

Purging of one limit in one database (aprox. 5k hands) took 15 minutes ...

A little bit long for my taste ... Right now I am pretty sure that I would not consider purging if I would like to get rid of millions of hands ...

HTH

nachtwacht
08-01-2008, 07:08 AM
Was running N and tried importing observed hands into a roughly 1.5M database. It was importing at around 32/s

Upgraded to N2 and now seems to import at around 36/s

So there is some improvement but this is ofcourse a small test.

Do you think this is the best you will ever get ?

JazzPunk
08-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Since my import speed on my Dell Inspiron 8200 with 2GH, 2GB is around 3 h/s I install postgres 8.3 on an extern disc (USB2). Now I had recovered my old database and start importing:

The files to import are on the internal disc (this should speed up a bit). I have on the extern disc around 10-11 h/s with version 1.06.01m. And with version 1.06.01n2 the speed is around 14-15 h/s. So your last changes are in the right direction.

But I would like to use my internal disc in the future.

I will send you the traces.

mamba
08-01-2008, 09:11 AM
I consider myself to have quite a fast system, designed for big DBs with two Raptor HDs in RAID0.

While my import speed was around 100 H/s for the last couple of versions, with .02n it went down to 60 H/s.

Not complaining, just for feedback.

gorlom
08-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Im still missing the boni in the graphs or any tab... I really, really need this feature :/

and why is the HUD layout changing every update :/?

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 12:29 PM
Was running N and tried importing observed hands into a roughly 1.5M database. It was importing at around 32/s

Upgraded to N2 and now seems to import at around 36/s

So there is some improvement but this is ofcourse a small test.

Do you think this is the best you will ever get ?

Definitely not - still have lots more planned for this but want to make sure I have this big issue some people are experiencing (the < 10h/s people) resolved before I do anything else.

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I consider myself to have quite a fast system, designed for big DBs with two Raptor HDs in RAID0.

While my import speed was around 100 H/s for the last couple of versions, with .02n it went down to 60 H/s.

Not complaining, just for feedback.

ok thanks - my speeds dropped as well. It seems that the changes I made with 1.06.x that increase speeds for lots of people also had a terrible effect for others for some currently unknown reason. There's going to be some more tweaking while I figure this out but right now the main focus for importing is to make sure everyone has at least a reasonable import speed.

Roy

Knorasut
08-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I updated from 1.05 to this 1.06.01n and I cannot start HM no more. I get the following message:

This application has encountered an error: 0x8000FFFF, with following description:

onherstelbare fout

Please contact blabla.

Anyone knows what to do?

morny
08-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I updated from 1.05 to this 1.06.01n and I cannot start HM no more. I get the following message:

This application has encountered an error: 0x8000FFFF, with following description:

onherstelbare fout

Please contact blabla.

Anyone knows what to do?

please uninstall HM but backup your config folder first so you dont lose your HUD settings. Details in the FAQ if you need it.

Then download this version http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip

Install and run that. Close it down and upgrade to this patch: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01n.exe restart and you should be fine

gorlom
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Im still missing the boni in the graphs or any tab... I really, really need this feature :/

and why is the HUD layout changing every update :/?

any comments? :(

I'd really like to have my old HUD layout back, which I had before I updated to n

morny
08-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Mine didnt, it should hold the settings from update to update. Best thing to do is to create a backup of your config folders in case this type of thing happens