PDA

View Full Version : IMAC support

jacp
02-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Is there any plan to release Holdem Manager on the MAC?

morny
02-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Not in the short term but you can suggest it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

It is possible to run it via Mac with some sort of parrellel or something, cant remember what its called but try googling it

jacp
02-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Not in the short term but you can suggest it here: http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/

It is possible to run it via Mac with some sort of parrellel or something, cant remember what its called but try googling it

Thanks. I have already parallels but it means that you have to use under windows. Pokerstars and fulltilt have MAC version of their software only holdem is a windows only package. I am wondering whether there are plans to support the MAC.

morny
02-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Not at the moment but if there is enough demand for it, currently it only has 21 votes (7 people)

PanchoStern
02-08-2009, 04:09 PM
YEs, Apple/Mac HEM would SERIOUSLY ROCK!!!:cool:

jacp
02-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Not at the moment but if there is enough demand for it, currently it only has 21 votes (7 people)

I am sure that their is a serious market while big Pokerrooms like Pokerstars and Full Tilt have released software for the MAC. I think Holdem Manager should seriously look in to it.

PanchoStern
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't have had the problems I had installing it due to VIsta.

randyhereman
09-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Not sure if it is already planned or anything but there is a serious market for MAC users now. MAC computers are getting bigger and bigger and more and more people start using them, also for playing poker.

HEM is the best pokertracker software out there and all the best sites are already availible as a MAC version.

There is one MAC software called PokerCoPilot, but this needs a lot of work still.. Then there is PokerTracker III who is working on a MAC version..

I hope HEM wouldn't wait long before it will be converted into a MAC version. Maybe even without a HUD for now and just the databse tracking and work, to get people started with HEM on a MAC.. This should take to much time and shouldn't be that hard.

GL and keep up the good work!

netsrak
09-06-2009, 05:46 AM
At the moment you can only use it in a virtual machine running on a Mac

randyhereman
09-06-2009, 08:26 AM
I undestand.. just asking if there are any plans already or if we can just purchase PT III once it comes out?

netsrak
09-06-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure, i ask Roy for a statement

Rvg72
09-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi, we have not ruled out a Mac version but if we do decide to start working on it I would doubt that it would be ready before the end of the year just based on the things we currently have on the HM development timeline.

If / when we do begin this development we will of course make it known and start signing up testers

Roy

dergitarrist
09-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh please, please, please... Also it'd be kinda smart to release a version soon because there's a tracking software for the mac now that looks kind of promising. And UB released their client just recently.

njshirt
09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Is Holdem Manger available for Mac? Thanks

sptost
10-09-2009, 10:43 PM
isn't about time yet? how can this program not be mac compatible yet?

netsrak
10-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi, we have not ruled out a Mac version but if we do decide to start working on it I would doubt that it would be ready before the end of the year just based on the things we currently have on the HM development timeline.

If / when we do begin this development we will of course make it known and start signing up testers

Roy

No change in this.

reif.erik
10-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Just wondering if there is any chance of a Mac version in the near future...

I'm running bootcamp and XP right now but the only reason I have it is to use HM :D

(sorry if there is a thread on this somewhere already, but I couldn't find it)

netsrak
10-25-2009, 06:51 AM
Not in the nearer future. Lots of other things to do first.

sptost
11-21-2009, 06:28 PM
still no planned date yet for mac? accomodating mac users is the only thing awful going right now for HEM

fozzy71
12-04-2009, 01:06 AM
You can vote for it here - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions/suggestions/86355-let-s-get-a-mac-version-of-hem-without-using-parrallels-?ref=title

Jroen
12-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I've voted and am just kicking this thread up to bring it once again under the attention of you guys.

It would seriously be much appreciated if a Mac version of HM was in the making/released!

VegasKyle
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
The only thing I still use windows for is HEM. I would love it if you came out with a MAC version. I don't know how the development process works. Would you develop the Holdem and Omaha versions at the same time? Or do you have to do them independently? In which case Im sure we would never see it for Omaha.

I'd pay $200 for Omaha Manager on a MAC.

Kerith
01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Mac support just hit the 1000 vote mark on uservoice and is the top idea right now. Clearly there is a lot of interest in it.

taw420
01-07-2010, 04:00 AM
I'd kill for mac support. I'm using the free 60 day trial of the PT3 MAC Beta (Vastly inferior to HEM) hoping it lasts long enough so you guys can develop a HEM MAC version. I have Hold'em/Omaha Manager on my PC and love it.

edit: Just wanted to add I've bought the Hold'em version and the Omaha version when it came out and I would pay another similar fee for a MAC version. You guys are really missing out on a untapped resource for sales. Tons of people in the typical internet poker playing age (18-30?) own MACs.

Dirkvanb
02-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Agreed! idk how hard it is to make a MAC version but plz plz make one cause PT3 really really sucks. But thats the only tracker available for MAC players atm :/

Patvs
02-14-2011, 02:35 AM
PT3 for MAC sucks because they ported the program.
Porting a program (running the PC version via a shell-program) is similar as if you would run HoldemManager via Bootcamp/Parallels.

Both PT3 and HM are fully written in vc++, which isn't Mac compatible. So a MAC version would require the build the entire program again from the ground up. For this reason, there still is no HM MAC version into development.

kickflip252
02-18-2011, 12:17 PM
PT3 for MAC sucks because they ported the program.
Porting a program (running the PC version via a shell-program) is similar as if you would run HoldemManager via Bootcamp/Parallels.

Both PT3 and HM are fully written in vc++, which isn't Mac compatible. So a MAC version would require the build the entire program again from the ground up. For this reason, there still is no HM MAC version into development.

I understand the difficulty involved, but it's really too bad. I'd love to have a mac version of HEM sooner rather than later.

I'm running my poker software in bootcamp and I always seem to have one issue or another with windows.

Hopefully someone with some Mac programming experience can get this going :)

dastinger
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Hi,

From time to time I come here to look for news about a Mac version. The votes are way higher than when this thread was created obviously and I just wanted to know if it's not enough to assemble a Mac team and start the development. We're suffering..PT3 sucks and Poker CoPilot stopped development due to Black Friday.

I would pay for it right away and know people who would as well. Have tons of poker friends that won't buy a Mac because there's no HEM for Mac. First thing they ask is that..

Please, would really love to see a Mac version out there :(

Patvs
10-30-2011, 11:05 PM
We're currently only developing the PC version of HM2.
(and an iphone version of the HM2-app)

When HM2 is released, work on the android HM2-app will start.
And the decision to start on working on a HM2 for Mac version will be made.

dastinger
10-30-2011, 11:25 PM
We're currently only developing the PC version of HM2.
(and an iphone version of the HM2-app)

When HM2 is released, work on the android HM2-app will start.
And the decision to start on working on a HM2 for Mac version will be made.
Oh god, I don't want to get too excited but please do it! ONE TIME :cool:

Btw, will you let us know if you're gonna start working on it? And could you give some kind of date for when the decision is gonna be made?

Patvs
10-30-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, when programming on it will start an (official) announced will be made.
The decision isn't whether or not we want a Mac version... we do.
It's whether we want to build it ourselves, or give the finished HM2 code to a third party team of programmers to build it for us.
So the decision will be made, shortly after the official release of HM2. (based on how well HM2 sells, and how much time the programmers have to spend on other projects)

dastinger
10-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Yes, when programming on it will start an (official) announced will be made.
The decision isn't whether or not we want a Mac version... we do.
It's whether we want to build it ourselves, or give the finished HM2 code to a third party team of programmers to build it for us.
So the decision will be made, shortly after the official release of HM2. (based on how well HM2 sells, and how much time the programmers have to spend on other projects)
Amazing news! Thank you for not letting Mac users out of your projects :)

Can't wait to hear the news..GL on all your other projects and let's hope the Mac version comes out in no time.

Thank you once again! :D

Pete8400
11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Just received this mail back from HEM2 sales.

Hello -

Unfortunately Mac OS X is not supported. However, any Intel-based Mac is capable of running Windows in Boot Camp or virtual machine. At the moment, that would be the only option for running HM2 on an Mac.

There are no immediate plans to develop a native Mac OS X version.

Regards,
Max
Sales & Customer Support
Hold'em Manager

dastinger
11-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Just received this mail back from HEM2 sales.

Hello -

Unfortunately Mac OS X is not supported. However, any Intel-based Mac is capable of running Windows in Boot Camp or virtual machine. At the moment, that would be the only option for running HM2 on an Mac.

Regards,
Max
Sales & Customer Support
Hold'em Manager
Hope I'm not wrong but he said immediate plans. Like Patvs said, the question now is when to start developing, not starting itself, but I'd love to see a reply from him or from who sent that email.

Patvs
11-04-2011, 02:56 AM

is the official copy/paste statement how to run HM1 and HM2 on a Mac.