PDA

View Full Version : please help a computer noob

dcg3
02-07-2009, 02:28 PM
I read through the guide for setting up the hud on FTP and it says you have to save the hand histories on ftp, so i did this and it saved them into a c:\user\appdata\local\handhistory file but in the guide it said you have to save them to a C:\Program Files\Poker Client\HandHistory type file, could someone tell me how to do this?

Frosteater
02-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Have you tried to run the whole thing with the folder you've got?
My FTP hand histories are in the same directory and HEM runs just fine. Iirc, this is a novum for Vista, as the files had been stored in C:\Program Files\Poker Client\HandHistory under XP, but from what I understand, HEM doesn't care too much where it gets its files from. So if you set up your FTP import folder in HEM with the directory you have, you probably won't have a problem.

If, for some reason, that won't work, if you go to Options -> Hand History in your FTP client, you can specify where your hand histories are to be saved. I assume you can just copy C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory\ into the "current location" field, if that doesn't work, you have to create that folder manually in explorer first. I don't know if a FTP update would overwrite that folder, though, so I suggest you try to run HEM with c:\user\appdata\local\handhistory as the auto import folder for FTP first.

morny
02-08-2009, 11:55 AM
As frosteater said, just to note that c:\user\appdata\local\handhistory is a hidden file so you can just google how to unhude files on Vista and it will work fine but usually its easier for people to just change the path via FT