PDA

View Full Version : Question on selective exporting/backing up

gpiotter
02-07-2009, 04:05 AM
I want to backup last month's hands (still hoping for selective export, but this works for now I think). I have 2 ways I think I can do this. Which is best and why is there a difference in file sizes?

One thing I did was to go to the hands tab and export all hands from last month (50kish). That gives me a file that is 60.7MB in the RVG folder.

The next thing I thought to do was to check the folder on my desktop that HM moves the hands to once it finishes importing them. This has a sub-folder named 2009 and a shitload of other hands from '08 (but not in a folder) that I forgot to delete. If I click on 2009 there are 2 subfolders; 01 and 02 which are the months I assume. If I check the properties of 01 this folder is 87.2MB

My first thought is to backup the larger file, however why are the folders different sizes if they both include hands from last month only?

morny
02-07-2009, 01:38 PM
The archive folder creates a HH every time it imports a hand so this folder will have all the files processed through HM so this one includes all hands imported into HM for 2009 and the backup only has last months backup.

gpiotter
02-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Yes, I understand. The contents of the 2009 file are actually 103MB, not 87.2.

However, if I open the 2009 folder it has 2 sub folders, 01 and 02. That's January and February, right? Next if I check the properties of 01 it says that the file is 87.2MB. Shouldn't that be the same size as the hands I manually exported from January?

morny
02-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Should be, could be something like you imported hands twice by mistake or something like that which means there might be 2 sets of files in one of those. To be sure just use the biggest file but id say there the same