PDA

View Full Version : Does HEM get slower if I import millions of mined hands?

daiquiri
02-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I know that theoretically HEM doesn't get slower if I have a bigger db. But is it true even in case of millions of mined hands? I will experience absolutely no difference in speed at all, while using any feature of the software?

morny
02-06-2009, 10:07 PM
From other similar threads it appears any loss is not noticeable but its important to regularly defrag and vacuum as that seems to make a big difference with bigger databases. Im running about 9 million and it still very fast.

Imports will slow down however as the size increases.

PCP Poker
02-07-2009, 10:52 PM
It all depends on what you're doing with HM when your db size gets huge. I have about 12.5 million hands in mine, 12.2 million of which are datamined. HUD performance isn't much slower than when my db was smaller. However, running reports, especially when used with filters, can start taking quite a long time, though it depends on the hand volume of the player you're running the report on. For my optimized hero hands (300k of them total), it takes about 45 seconds to load a basic Preflop by Position report, throw in some filters and the time can double or triple. On any player with say, over 50k hands, the reports load in about 150-175 seconds. However, this isn't anything approaching an unacceptable time level in my eyes. Just my 2 cents...

daiquiri
02-08-2009, 04:06 PM
It all depends on what you're doing with HM when your db size gets huge. I have about 12.5 million hands in mine, 12.2 million of which are datamined. HUD performance isn't much slower than when my db was smaller. However, running reports, especially when used with filters, can start taking quite a long time, though it depends on the hand volume of the player you're running the report on. For my optimized hero hands (300k of them total), it takes about 45 seconds to load a basic Preflop by Position report, throw in some filters and the time can double or triple. On any player with say, over 50k hands, the reports load in about 150-175 seconds. However, this isn't anything approaching an unacceptable time level in my eyes. Just my 2 cents...

fortunately that is not an issue for me as I rarely run reports for more than the last 2-3 month since my game usually changes pretty significantly every few months as I'm working on it constantly, so the older results become irrelevant relatively quickly.

knicknut
02-09-2009, 12:25 AM
May be a stupid question, but what's an easy way to figure out how many hands are in your database? Can't seem to find database summary statistics. Thanks.

morny
02-09-2009, 03:58 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=19