PDA

View Full Version : Problems importing from PP

djodds
02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Hello!
Recently I got a new PC with VISTA instead of XP.
I made a backup of my database from my old pc, where everything was going ok.
On the new computer, I installed HM and created a new blank database. Imported the backed-up database, into this empty, new one. All the data was properly imported and could see all my old values.
The problems started when I begin to play again (by the way on PP). The HUD was working fine, importing hands and stats properly. Suddenly, I noticed that not all the hands, where being posted at the session tab, I had opened on the other terminal. It’s not a problem of folders, because everything is properly set and I also tried to import the hands from the computers folders manually. It seems HM is importing the hands, because it shows “importing from x files, y number of hands” and that the numbers shown are correct. The problem is that then the data doesn’t appear on the tabs results (obviously I refresh the screen).
I tried a lot of things, but I was not able to merge the old data with 100% of the new one.
In resume all the hands seems to be imported but they are not all shown on the tabs. If I import them to a new database then its ok and they are all there.
I made the following experiences with the data:
* Clean all data – create new data base – import the problematic data – it was shown properly with all the data – import again old data – result ok – import again problematic data – not shown again, only shows one hand of the first file (there was only one hand there) – when importing ongoing (online), more hands where shown!
* Clean all data – import old data – result ok – import manually from folder or file – apparently imports ok, but data is not shown on my results – also tried automatic import

I send some of the problematic files for your appreciation.

Can you please check this issue for me.

Regards
Nuno

morny
02-06-2009, 10:23 PM
This is probably because your using backup and restore, if your restoring a database with a problem in it then the new database will enherit the problems, also you shouldnt restore a database unless its into a new database, its a means to restore an entire database not update a database with missing hands.

So to solve your problem you need to remove the hands from the corrupt database by exporting the hands and leaving the corrupt database shell behind http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173 and then create a new database and import the hands (not restore) then do the same with the other database that contains the remainder of the hands, import the HH not the database and put it into the same new database. then all should be fine.