PDA

View Full Version : Reinstalling a computer and HM manager

Chamie
04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
I guess that this is not the first thread in the forum about this, but I still wanted to make my own so that I could ask my own questions.

I need to reinstall my computer, which is the second computer that Iīve used HMM on. First of all I want to know if I can select "computer #2" again when I reinstall it, and my other question has to do with the backup and restore function.

I havenīt tried the backup and restore yet, but I would like to know if it simply just give you some kind of rar file or likely which you can save at another computer while you reinstall it, or if itīs a lot more complicated than that.
I Am not exactly an expert on computers, so I want to ask before I do anything :).

Sarek
04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
1) Registgration.
please log in (or create a new account) here https://www.holdemmanager.com/store/myAccount.php
and upload your code to your profile by clicking on the "Upload License Code" link next to "Newsletter Opt-In", on top.
After that you should be able to reset your code whenever you need to.
This can be used to clear a code so that it can be used on a different pc
or clear a code if your hardware profile changes and it doesn’t allow you to continue.
see this http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/25/New+Computer+%7B47%7D+License+Transfer+
If you forgot your password please use the forgot password feature.

2) Backup.
Anyway, you need to install Postgres (with the same user and password) and HM on a new Windows. And poker rooms.
Use HM "File-backup" feature, but on some PC configurations it won't work till the end. If it works, simply use this file when restore. Actually, this is zip-archive with HM settings and DB backup. It is about 10-15 times smaller than real Database.
Possibly you will encounter DB error when execute "internal" backup. In this case repeat backup process without Databases - this will only save HM settings (HUD configs etc). And do DB backup using Srart-All programs - Postgresql - PGadmin. This is the same DB backup, btw. After reinstalling Windows and all stuff, create new empty DB in PGadmin and do restore (via PGadmin too) from this backup. Then restore HM settings from HM File-restore feature.
After all - make sure HM autoimport folders list is correct (because when you will install poker rooms on a new Win, it CAN change).