PDA

View Full Version : explaining how stats in hm are calculated.

jj12
07-30-2008, 07:02 PM
I was unable to find how stats are calculated in HM. I checked the faq "HM Stats & Explanations (8 FAQs)" but it doesn't seem to be complete. What does Agg pct mean? Does it include preflop? What is turn cbet? Does it include delayed cbets or just 2 barrells? Also a friend of mine told me that PT had messed up BB vpip when tracking heads up play. I get the same number in HM as my PT BB vpip. Does it count it as no VPIP when the SB folds?

morny
07-31-2008, 10:39 AM
The glossary fo stats will be completed in the short term.

1) Agg % - is calculated by the % of time someone makes an aggressive more i.e bet/raise/check-raise/Bet rr.

2) Turn Cbet - The preflop raiser bets the flop and the turn.

3) BB Vpip - As long as the hero doesnt Voluntarily put money in the pot its not counted, checking or if its folded around to the BB is not voluntarily putting any money in and therefore not counted

jj12
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
Lets say we are heads up and I am in the BB. SB folds the first 9 buttons, then limps the 10th button. I elect to raise from the BB. Would my BB Vpip at this point be 10% or 100%. I think it should be 100%.

morny
07-31-2008, 12:02 PM
10% because you never volunarily put money in, if its calculated any other way it would have to be called a different stat because it wouldnt be vpip then.

If you can let me know exactly what your using this stat for i can give you a better idea of a more suitable stat. I guess BB Vpip isnt a particularly useful stat for any situation but it is just included along with all the other VPIP stats which are very useful.

Maybe using a BB Call Vs steal might be better depending on what you want it for. At a later stage youll be able to make your own custom stats so you can make a stat where BB V$pip only includes the times it faced a raise.