PDA

View Full Version : upgrading from 1.06.03e

hemfan
02-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Hi,

I'm currently running HEM 1.06.03e with TM 1.6.3c. This was recommended by support a while back as a way to deal with the daily problem which was happening where the TM prefs file was getting hosed.

Anyway, since then I've been happy with HEM, but recently had a problem with the HUD positions on PartyPoker. I think I now have that sorted out but while researching this problem I saw a recommendation to update HEM to 1.07 (or maybe 1.08?). I'm not sure an upgrade is necessary for me at this point, assuming the Party HUD positions continue working. I generally prefer stable functionality to cutting edge features if everything I need is working well.

However, if and when I do decide to upgrade HEM, will it be necessary to re-import all my hands? I saw mention of this in a thread and thought it surprising.

Thanks.

DodgyBiscuits
02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
If you are going to update, please make sure you have a record of your serial no. to allow you to re-register. I no longer had a nore of this and now have no HEM. I PMd a MOD and e-mailed support 8 hours ago and have had no reply.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek: :eek::eek::mad:

morny
02-06-2009, 03:37 PM
No you wont need to reimport your hands however we have added tourney support and new stats so if you want to take full advantage of that then youll need to reimport

morny
02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
If you are going to update, please make sure you have a record of your serial no. to allow you to re-register. I no longer had a nore of this and now have no HEM. I PMd a MOD and e-mailed support 8 hours ago and have had no reply.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek: :eek::eek::mad:

I assume your sorted now, if not let me know and ill look into this for you.

hemfan
02-07-2009, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the reply Morny. Also, I don't want to lose my license or ability to run HEM after the upgrade, so could you please tell me how I can retain my license or serial number or whatever I need to do after the upgrade so there is no interruption in my ability to run HEM?

Oh, and also re: the reimport of hands.... I assume this is only necessary if I want the tourney support and new stats to apply to my existing hands, but that the upgrade will apply tourney support and new stats to any new hands that are imported after the upgrade. True?

Thanks again.

morny
02-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes the upgrade will apply tourney support and new stats to new hands, you only need to reimport to apply it to older hands.

If you want to deactivate a license email me morny@holdemmanager.net or sales@holdemmanager.net and once we deactivate it you can use it again on another computer

hemfan
02-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Ok, I found the email with my serial # (didn't think I'd be needing that again, but now's it's filed for future use :-) and successfully upgraded to 1.07. I've noticed a couple of nice new features and am glad the preferred seating and HUD stats are showing up correctly on PartyPoker now.

Thanks for your help & keep up the good work!