PDA

View Full Version : Beta 1,08 will not start up

mousebreaker
02-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Hi HEM
I've have not used HEM before, bc I play at entraction network, but it should be possible now with the new Beta 1,08 vers.

I installed the 1,07 vers of HEM and had no prob opening the program. I closed the program and installed the 1,08 beta vers. Now I cannot open the program. Windows (Vista), didnt come up with any explanation. It just said that the program couldn't be opened.

What did I do wrong/what should I do to make it work

Best regards
mousebreaker

morny
02-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Can you make sure UAC is disabled and reboot http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73 but if it dosent work then post the exact error message

mousebreaker
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Hi Morny
Thank you for your prombt answer
UAC is not activated on my computer, bc I use pokertracker v2 at the moment. So it was necessary to turn that function of.

I am using the Danish version of Vista, but I will try to translate the error message.

When I try to open the HEM without the Beta version installed it works just fine. But after installing the Beta version it will not open (tried install/uninstall/reboot a couple of times now) also open as administrator, without any luck.

the error message Vista returns to me when I try to open it, is as follows:

>Holdem manager stopped working proberly, window is looking for a solution<

(that window is replaced by a new one saying)

>Holdem Manager stopped working proberly<
> a problem caused that the program didnt function correctly. windows is shutting the program down and will inform you if there is a solution to the problem<

So nothing that could really help you, im affraid. I just find it a bit weird that it can run the 1,07 vers but not the Beta. But many others got it and it works just fine for them. So it is clearly something I must change in my comp setup. But I just dont know where to start :(

mousebreaker
02-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Morny

I uninstalled HEM once again, and reinstalled it again. Now it suddenly works. Dont know why. Didnt do anything different than the previous times. But HEY - im happy - it seems to be working now

ty