PDA

View Full Version : Using the same database on 2 computers.

I_Luv_Wilco
02-05-2009, 11:20 AM
I know this is already listed in the FAQ and that it is possible to do this but I can't follow all those instructions with out getting really confused. I have an external hard drive and a laptop. My main database is on my home PC. I want to use this same database when playing on my laptop at weekends. Is there any easier way to achieve this than all that stuff listed in the FAQ.
I've heard some where before that this is just a matter of moving all your files on to the external hard drive and then importing them on to your laptop's holdem manager. Anybody have any advice here?
I'd really appreciate it!
Thanks.

Al1
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Have you tried this FAQ: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154

Where have you a problem?

I_Luv_Wilco
02-05-2009, 02:07 PM
I just want to know in more simple terms what to do. Firstly, how do I transfer my database on to the external hard drive. And then, How do I load this database on to the laptop via the external hard drive?
Assuming I have Hold em mabager and postgre installed on my laptop, should this not be easy enough to just switch back and forth from the PC to the laptop via the external hard drive?

morny
02-05-2009, 02:25 PM
To be honest as pointed out in the FAQ you shouldnt do this unless you really know what your doing, you will run into many problems and you could easily crash your PC if you change the wrong file in the directory. If you dont know how to copy files to your hard drive you really will struggle to work this even if you do get it installed properly

I_Luv_Wilco
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok, I appreciate this advice and this is the reason I did not want to go messing with my PC's settings. I think I will just use a separate database for my laptop.