PDA

View Full Version : Computer newb needs HEM Postgre help!!

All Hail Circe
02-05-2009, 02:23 AM
I have had HEM for a few months and love it. I have 2 drives on my computer drve C and D: I noticed that my database was getting large so I decided to move it to drive D by copying the postgre file in my C Program files...

Somehow doing this ( I know nothing about how these things work ) when I went to load my HEM I got the error that it couldnt connect to 127.0.0.1.

I went back and deleted the copied postgre file in drive D, and thought that was what was confusing the HEM program. I still had the original in drive c and thought it would solve the problem.

It did not and HEM is still giving me that 127.0.0.1 error

So then I decided...well I will just delete the postgre file in drive c....and then just reload a new postgre....and import all of my old hands back into HEM using the import function ( I have them all saved in a file on my desktop ) and begin brand new.

However, now when I am trying to even download postgre....it is still erroring out.

I unzip the file, go to reinstall it and it gives me that message that it failed to start and I need to verify I have the privleges to start the system service.

I have read the FAQ, but I have no clue really about computers, and I think I really messed this up.

Can someone please help me get my HEM back up and running.

I am sure this has been brought up before, but I need someone to try to help a total newb walk through this process.

Al1
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
You can't move your folders like this, especially software folders.

Go to the Control Panel and uninstall postgreSQL from here.
Go to Program Files (or the equivalent for Vista) and manually delete the postgreSQL folder.
Reboot your computer and reinstall postgreSQL.
Works?

All Hail Circe
02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank You for replying...

My import is going as I type this. I did that very thing. I went to delete postgres from my computer, and just reinstalled it.

Yesterday I thought I had uninstalled but I guess that was not the case, hence those errors....

My hands have been importing for a few hours now and I assume I have a couple more to go....I had more hands than I thought I did.