PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PostgreSQL and the trial

monkeytilt
02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Hello hm Forum :),

I want to change from PT3 to hm. My question is: Can I use the same PostgreSQL software, which I used for PT3? I have a big database at PT3, will this slow the hm speed, because itīs the same PostgreSQL software? Sry if the answers are obv, but I am not very good in software etc.

One more question:
If i use the 15 day trial and I import all my handhistories, can I use them after I bought hm later without importing them again?

Cheers
monkeytilt

Al1
02-05-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello hm Forum :),

I want to change from PT3 to hm. My question is: Can I use the same PostgreSQL software, which I used for PT3? I have a big database at PT3, will this slow the hm speed, because itīs the same PostgreSQL software? Sry if the answers are obv, but I am not very good in software etc.

You can use the same postgreSQL. No prob to have a PT3 DB, but you can delete it too.

One more question:
If i use the 15 day trial and I import all my handhistories, can I use them after I bought hm later without importing them again?

Cheers
monkeytilt

Of course!

monkeytilt
02-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Thx for your help.
I have one more question:
I have started to import my handhistories, but it freezed (the bar didnīt move forward for hours) at about 25%. Is there a limit of hands which I can import with the trial version?
And if not what should I do? I closed hm, because of the freeze. Can I just start to import the whole folder with the handhistories again?

morny
02-05-2009, 08:14 PM
No Limitations, try creating a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimporting

If the problem persists its most like an antivurus or firewall causing the issue so try uninstalling them or adding all the HM files to its exceptions