PDA

View Full Version : Winamax.fr Rake Calculation

Ollives
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
I might be wrong or maybe it was posted before....if so...I am sorry...
It sounds to me looking at my database that the stat "Rake in EUR" is giving a false number while the stat "Rake in USD" is giving the correct number for Winamax.fr...
I guess this is due to winamax HH reading by HEM since I dont remember having this problem on PS.fr (although I did not play there anymore) ?
It would be cool if you could fix that although a very simple solution for now is to go with the "Rake is USD"...
Thx!

PS...also...will it be possible one day (I guess this is planned already) to have ALL the money numbers (in stats, HH, replayer, etc.) with the euro symbol and not the dollar one when we are playing on euro tables???

Sarek
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
1) Which currency is used on tables? Have you updated currency rates (via Options - settings)?
And post a screenshot with 2 rake stats in report.
2) Simply use NetEurWon stat. Default poker currency is "dollar", this is historically

Ollives
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
Hello,
Currency used on tables is euro as well as in HH...
I did update the currency rates...
Here is the screenshot
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/8073/rake.jpg

So my point is that the correct number according to me in that case should be 33.42 and 172.77 EUROS!...
It sounds like HEM is taking 33.42 from my HH in dollars although it is euros and making a conversion to get Euros Rake which thus is false...
Am I clear or you dont understand what I mean?
Anyone else got that?

PS: point2...ok I got that!

Ollives
04-28-2011, 05:35 AM
Any info on this?

Patvs
04-28-2011, 07:19 AM
The core program of HoldemManager is "dollar"-centred.
The euro conversion (affecting certain stats) has some flaws,... like the issue you're experiencing.

This can be "fixed" for some stats, for example adding EUR WON (instead of $Won) in reports.

We're working on a change to make the program truly multi-currency (also for GBP) so ALL the tabs (sessions/reports, etc) will show the accurate results.

---

For your rake.... you should just ignore the Euro Rake for now.... and focus on the $Rake column... realizing you should read that column as being Euro Rake, until we've fixed this issue.

Ollives
04-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks for your answer! I understand that!
I will go with the $Rake waiting for the truly multi-currency program!
Keep up the good work!

Already.Dead
06-07-2011, 10:48 AM
For your rake.... you should just ignore the Euro Rake for now.... and focus on the $Rake column... realizing you should read that column as being Euro Rake, until we've fixed this issue.
You are wrong or Winamax lies but it doesn't fit.

I took an example of a 200NL session that I made.
HM Eurs rake = 52.99Eurs
HM $ rake = $75.81.

So you say that we have to consider the "$ rake" number and treat it like it was Eurs rake.
So my rake on that session should be 75.81Eurs.

WRONG. According to Winamax support the rake that I paid for that session was exactly 63.19Eurs.

Thanks to fix once for all this problem by working with Winamax support.

Ollives
06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Not sure about that but...

Is HEM raking pots without flop while winamax.fr has a "no flop no drop" policy? Can someone confirm this?
That might explain the discrepancy...

Patvs
06-09-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm not sure.
Can you import an individual no flop hand into a new database, to see if HoldemManager displays rake for it?

WRONG. According to Winamax support the rake that I paid for that session was exactly 63.19Eurs.

Which rake method does Winamax use? Weight-contributed?

If they use dealt-rake there will be a difference in the rake you actually pay.., and the MGR used to calculate your rakeback.

Ollives
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Sorry! I am wrong...I checked by filtering for hands with no flop...and got no rake...
So that's not the answer to the problem...

Moreover, according to me winamax use weight contributed rake...

Already.Dead
06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Which rake method does Winamax use? Weight-contributed?.

Moreover, according to me winamax use weight contributed rake...

I've got a confirmation from Winamax staff that the rake method is indeed weight-contributed.

So what is exactly the problem here ? Could we have soon a fix to this issue ?

Patvs
06-10-2011, 05:39 PM
HoldemManager applies the default weight-contributed method to Winamax.

Some sites actually use a mystery formula (like Ongame (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/poker-site-support/84201-ongame-rake-method.html) ) where the weight-contributed method is the best method (since it's the most similar to their mystery formula) but not 100% accurate.

If you find a discrepancy on Winamax, find a handhistory where the rake in HoldemManager is inaccurate. We're unaware of a bug with the current rake calculations.

joeppiej
02-02-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net
NL Holdem $2(BB) Replayer

hero ($369)
big blind ($215)
villain 1 ($413)
xxxx ($246)
villain 2 ($119)

hero posts (SB) $1
big blind posts (BB) $2

Dealt to hero Kd Qh
villain 1 raises to $4
fold,
villain 2calls $4
hero calls $3
big blind fold,
FLOP ($14) 7s Jd Qc
hero bets $11
villain 1 calls $11
villain 2 folds
TURN ($36) 7s Jd Qc 4c
hero checks
villain 1 checks
RIVER ($36) 7s Jd Qc 4c 8c
hero bets $27
villain 1 calls $27

villain 1 wins $87

It's a 90 Euro pot, 3 euro rake taken.

Winamax is Weight-contributed, so this should be the numbers:

Hero invested 42 euro into 90 euro pot = 46.666% X3= 1.4 euro rake paid
Villain1 invested 42 euro into 90 euro pot = 46.666% X3= 1.4 euro rake paid
villain 2 invested 4 euro into 90 euro pot = 4.444% X3 = 0.133 euro rake paid
big blind invested 2 euro into 90 euro pot = 2.222% X3 = 0.066 euro rake paid

However, both HM 1 and 2 are coming with these number:

Hero paid 1.35 euro
villain 1 paid 1.35 euro
villain 2 paid 0.20 euro
big blind payed 0.10 euro

It both adds up 3 euro, but Hm seems to give all the players wrong amounts.

For example on a 6-max table , everyone folded to SB, and SB and BB get it all in. the rake is correctly divided as 1.50 euro per person.

This way it's hard to control on the vip program, and the rake paid/rb awarded is pretty far off right now so I would like to fix this.

Can you help here?

Patvs
02-02-2012, 11:04 PM
Email us the original handhistory file of this hand to support@holdemmanager.com