PDA

View Full Version : HM 2 Computers, 1 database

Byqu
04-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Hi

At first i would like to sorry if i will be wrighting with bad gramar... My english is not so good.

Ok so i bought myself a laptop and i whant to have posibility to play on boths Station computer and laptop with same database. On Station compter i have Windows XP Profesional and on laptop windows 7.

I found this link:
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/336/How+do+I+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+share+one+databas e+between+two+computers%3F

And according to that i Deinstalated Holdem menager from both computers and postgres also, to instal it agein with order to save my database on my USB Hard Drive.

So because of this that i had problem with instalation postgres on station computer and laptop (because at first random password was generateed, and i didnt write it down, and it was leter problematic), i decidet to do it agein.

So i made another instalation with my own account name, account domein, and password, I wrote it all down to not forget, and then instaled it on station computer. After that i moved USB disc to laptop and tried to instal posgres with same account name, acccount domain and password, and to write database on same folder as station computer, and an error ocured...

" The 'Secondary Logon' service is not running. This service is required for the instaler to initialize the database. Please start this service and try agein. "
And i really dont know what to do with that.

To not making a lot of spam, i also have 1 question. After instalation postgress and Holdem menager, how should i instal my Pokerrooms?

Regards

Byqu
04-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Forgot to mantion, plese write me back with as simple english language as posible... Andd sorry for trouble.

fopah
04-13-2011, 05:35 PM
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:

net user postgres /delete

Byqu
04-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Thx very much for advice... I Achived a progres but unfortunately still other 2 errors ocured :(

First:
There was some error about mapping some security stuff :( sorry i didnt coppy it, but during 2nd attemp i has another error.

second:

User "my user name" could not be created. The user account already exist.

And this is very iritatioing cuz i made this account whih user name etc. on station computer and in your manual how to make it work there was writen that i should make this account whih same name and passwor etc. on both computers. I dont understand this. Plese help me whih this issue.

Sarek
04-14-2011, 05:48 AM
please reinstall PostgreSQL using the following instructions:
1) The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer and is required to be running to install PostgreSQL. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.
2) Your Windows account MUST be named using English letters only
3) The same with PC name
4) Make sure UAC is disabled
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/29/Turning+Off+UAC+%28Vista%29
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/30/Turning+Off+UAC+%28Windows+7%29
5) Installer must run "As administrator" (right click on it and select)
6) every time when you fail to install Postgre, you have to uninstall it completely. This means: after standard uninstall do this:
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > Right-Click > Run As Administrator
In the window that appears please type the following and press enter:

net user postgres /delete
exactly as shown
You should get a confirmation if it was successful.

Byqu
04-14-2011, 07:04 AM
.. sorry deleted masage cuz its inactual anymore

Byqu
04-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok so somehow i overcome this and now i have another error :(

"Internal account lookup failure: Nie zostało wykonane mapowanie między nazwami kont a identyfikatorami zabezpieczeń."

Maning that: some kind of mapping between accounts and security identificators wasn't made.

Maby you have some kind of clue what should I do with that?

olliepower
04-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Hi,

I am asking some other mods to see what they know about the issue.

Ollie

netsrak
04-15-2011, 04:06 AM
Seems to be a windows configuration problem. Thats beyond our knowledged. Did you google for the error message?

Sarek
04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
If you want full explanation of this - see
Troubleshooting SCECLI 1202 Events (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324383/)
As a workaround: install Postgres with other user - "postrgres123" for example. But you need to d-load a "standalone" Postgres installation from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org)

Byqu
04-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok so I finaly figured all errors according postgres instalation... And after instalation I whant to change folder of storage data to my USB hard drive. I did everything acccording to your manual:

Crated: L:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data and copped data from C drive, and then i changed the source from:

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "postgresql-8.4" -D "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data" -w

To:

C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.4/bin/pg_ctl.exe runservice -N "postgresql-8.4" -D "L:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.4\data" -w

After it i restardet computer, and through services.msc i whant to start postgres work, and another error occured :(

"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion."

Im really sorry for taking so much of your time, but I really need help with this problems. And ofc Im very greatfull for your cooperation. Do you know how to overcame this issue?

netsrak
04-16-2011, 07:53 AM
You probably made something wrong during the configuration.

This is beyond our normal support. Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Byqu
04-18-2011, 06:42 AM
You probably made something wrong during the configuration.

This is beyond our normal support. Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

Im ready, sendet you mail yesterday..

Plese contact me on skype anytime... Gave you on email my nickname. Cuz password of Teamwiewer is changing everytime im using it.

netsrak
04-18-2011, 07:46 AM
You should receive an answer in the next hours.

Byqu
04-18-2011, 11:08 AM
You should receive an answer in the next hours.

I need to leave for a while, when i will be back i will post here. (something 1-2 hours)

Byqu
04-18-2011, 02:25 PM
Ok Im back, and Im on skypem now... Plese cojntact me anytime, im not leaving home today anymore.

Byqu
04-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Ok I was waiting, and waiting and seems that no1 will help :( I will be on skype tomorow (tuesday) from 11 AM GMT+1, plese contact me, cuz tomorow evening I have to leave for buisnes delegation. I hope that somebody will help.

Regards

olliepower
04-18-2011, 11:15 PM
I am looking into what happened. We will be back with you shortly.

Byqu
04-19-2011, 04:42 AM
Ok Now IM on skype, agein waiting for somebody to respond. In trhe evening Im leaving, so it would be nice to have some help as fast as posible...

Sarek
04-19-2011, 04:48 AM
Please send TV5 ID and passw right now. No skype - chat in Teamviewer only.

Byqu
04-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Team Viever 5
ID:

PasS:

Byqu
04-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Ok thanks for halping me on my station computer, everythng seems to be working there ok.

But now unfortunatelly i have the same problem on m laptop. I instaled the same postgresql 8.4 on laptop, and put data to same folder on L: drive and It also cant be started... Any sugestions?

Byqu
04-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Plese log into my laptop, im leaving TV open

ID:

Pass:

Windows 7

Regards

Byqu
04-19-2011, 01:06 PM
New ID nad pass: