PDA

View Full Version : Importing from file

stry67
04-13-2011, 12:02 AM
After re-installing everything on my computer after it crashed, i am trying to import HH's into a new db from a file from pokerstars support. HEM is giving me import errors and wont do it. I am on Win 7 and yes I gave appropriate permissions to everything.

Sarek
04-13-2011, 06:01 AM
What is the name (with extention) of this file? And what is in it?

stry67
04-13-2011, 06:51 AM
What is the name (with extention) of this file? And what is in it?

it comes as a email to my gmail accnt so I have to use Firefox to save the email as a .text file. When I compared it to some HH's that DID import, I noticed that each hand starts as
" *********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #606XXXXXXXX: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10 USD) -" .

The HH's that do import don't have the "*****" symbols in it. So I tried cut and paste a test HH and deleting those symbols but the result file still wouldn't import.

Sarek
04-13-2011, 01:24 PM
This is normal file Stars sends for all.
And it must be imported.
Please send it (full) to support@holdemmanager.com with link to this thread.

stry67
04-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Whats the status? I emailed as per instructions and have only recieved a auto-generated response so far.

fozzy71
04-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Whats the status? I emailed as per instructions and have only recieved a auto-generated response so far.

I just tested this and also got import errors. Why does the file have 2 extensions?

boogie.txt.txt

Windows hides 'known file extensions' by default. Configuring Windows To Show Extensions :: Scott Granneman (http://www.granneman.com/techinfo/windows/showextensions/)

Change it so you can see all extensions and try saving the text file again - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/117/Import+Emailed+Hand+Histories+

stry67
04-14-2011, 10:23 PM
I got it to work finally. I had to first "un-do" the clipping that Gmail did, I then saved as a text file with simple name and no extensions. Still HEM wouldn't import so then I selected all the HH's in the file below the headers and put them into a new text doc. Then I tried importing this new file and it worked. So either Star's headers in their requested HH's or Gmail's header is causing this problem.

fozzy71
04-15-2011, 08:31 AM
Thank you for letting us know your solution.