PDA

View Full Version : HEM suddenly crashing my PC

hackett77
04-12-2011, 11:26 PM
Hello,
All of a sudden today when I open HEM my whole PC starts to freeze and becomes unusable (im using pro version).

Ive rebooted several times but its still the same. Any ideas on what could of caused this?

This happened after my pc froze and I had to shut down FTP/HEM and Firefoxe via the program manager but I also closed down the program "explorer.exe" which closed my task bar. Have caused this somehow doing this?

Also when running the HUD stats are not updating. If i have 6 tables running 1 table shows my stats for my entirie DB of hands for hero whilst on the others heros HUD stays at zero stats and villians stats are not updating either. When i click on my name on my HUD instead of the BB/100 it now says 'No Data'

Ive updated HEM and this doesnt help. Im using Windows XP and table ninja.

Also I thought my the DB was corrupt so I tried to export all my hands to creat a new DB but when i try to export I get this error message

"Error reading hand histories - Could not open relation 1663/16403/16514 - Invalid Argument"

Also I try doing a PGA backup and get this also fails when i get this message:

pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR: could not open segment 1 of relation 1663/16403/16468: Invalid argument

This is really frustrating as I play fulltime and am unable to play right now using HEM.

Paul

Sarek
04-13-2011, 06:04 AM
This means your database is corrupt. Try to reindex it via PGadmin - it helps sometimes. If not - create new database (UTF) and use it.

hackett77
04-13-2011, 06:55 AM
This means your database is corrupt. Try to reindex it via PGadmin - it helps sometimes. If not - create new database (UTF) and use it.

Ive tried to create a new database after reinstalling HEM. However its telling me its going to take appprox 32 days to import my hands from the copied HEM Archive hand folder (c. 750,000 hands)> Is this normal to take this long?

what is UTF?

Sarek
04-13-2011, 01:18 PM
UTF is database encoding.
And 32 days is a kind of joke. About 3-5-7 hours for 0.75M hands. May be 10...

hackett77
04-13-2011, 03:15 PM
UTF is database encoding.
And 32 days is a kind of joke. About 3-5-7 hours for 0.75M hands. May be 10...

OK thanks Sarek