PDA

View Full Version : suddenly can't start PostgreSQL-8.4

huge
04-12-2011, 11:05 PM
HEM stopped working today after Windows Update and reboot. It was working yesterday. It is acting as if I have the wrong password for the database server. I've tried running as admin, rebooting multiple times, shutting down my firewall/antivirus, trying to stop/start the server, etc.

Pretty clearly this is happening upstream of HEM. If I go to services, postgreSQL-8.4 is set to "Automatic" but is not running. If I try to start the server it says "Error 1069: ... logon failure.". If I edit the logon properties of the service, it says "Log on as this account: .\postgres" and then the password is starred out. I've tried entering two or three different passwords that are listed as possible passwords on these forums, with no success.

Why would this have stopped working between yesterday and today?

Do I really have the wrong password, or is something else going wrong?

Is it significant that the account name is listed (in Services and in HEM) as ".\postgres" with a dot and backslash, or is that normal?

I'm running Windows 7 x64, and the latest version of HEM. I'm running Comodo Internet Security, but as I said, I've tried it with Comodo completely turned off.

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated...

Sarek
04-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Please read this http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/22409-failed-establish-unable-read-data-database-service-started-stopped.html