urbanmyth
04-12-2011, 10:33 PM
newest version of HM

XP

PokerStars

sometimes works after I reboot, but not always

Sarek
04-13-2011, 06:19 AM
In XP you must have administrator rights.
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that
holdemmanager.exe,
hmhud.exe and
dbcontrolpanel.exe
are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibility tab.
And do the same with poker client.

urbanmyth
04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Windows XP

not sure how to get administrator rights. Tried to run as admin, but couldn't

the table manager was working fine before, even sometimes after the .06d

fopah
04-13-2011, 05:32 PM
are you running any anti virus or firewall software?

urbanmyth
04-13-2011, 07:32 PM
No, but have it somewhat worked out

figured out how to add "admin" as user. Able to get it running, but not sure how (sometimes have to open table manager from "my computer". Not sure what sequence/which programs I have to open "as admin" even though I'm running xp as admin.

tx for the help

Sarek
04-14-2011, 05:53 AM
This "as admin" is mostly for Win7. When XP - the main thing is to adjust antivirus/firewall to not interfere in HM and Postgres job. At all.
All EXE in HM folder, and pg_ctl.exe, postgres.exe in PG folder.
Also whole postgresql/data folder.

urbanmyth
04-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Then I'm not sure why it's working. I'm running no anti-virus. Had firewall turned off, but when I run xp as admin, there is an automatic firewall that I haven't turned off, yet it's working now.

Seems the "admin" option has worked for me in xp

Edit: Can you explain the folders thing for me? I have two folders: Holdemmanager (seems to have the table manager exe in it) and RVG (holdemmanager.exe and backup hm.exe). Haven't worked with the postgres folder at all, assume it's ok.

netsrak
04-15-2011, 04:01 AM
The database is managed by Postgresql which is installed somewhere like c:\program files\postgres\8.x

The complete Holdemmanagerinstallation is under c:\program files\rvg software\holdemmanager and subfolders. All .exe files are in this.

An additional folder is the archive for imported hands, its under c:\hmarchive.

urbanmyth
04-15-2011, 05:25 AM
The complete Holdemmanagerinstallation is under c:\program files\rvg software\holdemmanager and subfolders. All .exe files are in this.

Is it a problem that I have a folder under program files called "holdemmanager" in which there is an exe file called HMHud?

I believe this program opens the table manager.

This could be my problem?

Edit: Just found the same exe in program\rvg\holdemmanager

but why do I have the program\holdemmanager folder also? should I delete it?

netsrak
04-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Seems like you installed Holdemmanager to 2 different locations.
Please check the properties of the holdemmanager icon to see which is the correct active installation.

After this you can delete the other one.

The rvg software ... folder is the default installation folder.

urbanmyth
04-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Not sure. Both HMHud exe's say they were accessed today.

netsrak
04-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Did you check the properties of the HM Icon on your Desktop? This will give you the correct path.