PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish connection to 127.0.0.1

A.Ertbjerg
04-12-2011, 04:41 PM
I got the above error message when I tried to open HEM. I then went to C:Windows/system32/drivers/etc/host And it looks like this:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

So the sticky didn't help.

I am using the most recent patch 1.11.06d

How do I fix this? I had been running HEM smoothly before this.

shahmat
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm on Vista 64 bit. Has been working fine for months, and now just stopped being able to establish a connection to db.

huge
04-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm on Vista 64 bit. Has been working fine for months, and now just stopped being able to establish a connection to db.

Same with me on Windows 7 x64. It was working yesterday ... today I ran windows update and restarted, now "Failed to establish ... 127.0.0.1"

Tried running as admin, stopping Comodo firewall/antivirus, no success.

After clicking OK on the error message, it opens "Database Control Panel" wanting to logon to 127.0.0.1 as postgres/superpass. When I click "Connect" it says "connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like HEM to start the service?" ... I click YES, it says "Sorry HEM was unable to start...", but then when I click "OK", it says "HEM has started the service, try again" ... but when I click "OK" again I'm back to the same login screen and the cycle starts again with the same errors.

Sarek
04-13-2011, 06:22 AM
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/22409-failed-establish-unable-read-data-database-service-started-stopped.html

shahmat
04-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Got mine working after trying a bunch of stuff. This is what fixed it for me:

Added C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\HMHud.exe to my norton internet security safe list, rebooted, and then it started working again.

good luck :)

hastijoe
04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Same with me on Windows 7 x64. It was working yesterday ... today I ran windows update and restarted, now "Failed to establish ... 127.0.0.1"

Tried running as admin, stopping Comodo firewall/antivirus, no success.

After clicking OK on the error message, it opens "Database Control Panel" wanting to logon to 127.0.0.1 as postgres/superpass. When I click "Connect" it says "connection to PostgreSQL could not be made. Would you like HEM to start the service?" ... I click YES, it says "Sorry HEM was unable to start...", but then when I click "OK", it says "HEM has started the service, try again" ... but when I click "OK" again I'm back to the same login screen and the cycle starts again with the same errors.

I went through this yesterday. I had to uninstall and then reinstall same version of Postgre. After that it worked fine. I tired all the other steps outlined in the FAQ first. None of them worked . It's working fine now and I didn't lose any data.