PDA

View Full Version : Can't start HM + Can't buy HM

Davidje
07-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Hi,

I downloaded HM yesterday and installed it. But when i try to "buy" it nothing happens.
So i wanted to try it out by using the trial version. But after it gives me a warning about a backup folder (a pop up where i click "ok" as only option) it just disappears. No error message, nothing.

Anyone any idea what i should do?

morny
07-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Ive never heard of this can you post a screenshot, when you say it gives a warning about a backup folder when exactly is this? After youve downloaded the trial and where are you downloading the trial from, what is the name of the link?

What browser are you using when clicking the Buy Button on Holdem Manager?

Davidje
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
this is the last thing i see from HM.

fabio
07-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi Davidje,

please install the latest update and try again http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01m.exe

Fabio

Davidje
07-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi i noticed the "e" behind the version so i just did that using the link suggested on top of the forum. But it didn't help

morny
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Try again and if you get the message go to c:/ program files/RVG Software/Holdem Manager/ and Also make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe and DBContorlPanel.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator.

Then open the DBContolPanel.exe file and see if that works. It may also be possible that your firewall is blocking access to the program, disable it temprorarily and try and restart holdem manager from the main icon once again. If it is the Firewall youll need to add the 3.exe files i mentioned above to the programs exclusions list so you can run HM and your firewall.

If not please do a reboot and follow the instructions below.

Are you using Windows XP, if so in Control Panel> Add Remove Programs. This lists all programs alphebetically, scroll to M and see if there is an install for Microsoft .net Framework 2.0?

Then scroll to P and see if there is a program called PostgreSQL 8.2 or 8.3?

Ok if both of those show up if you uninstall HM now from the same place, download this link http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanager.zip and reinstall it and see if you get the same problem.

The backup folder message is normal btw

Davidje
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I have XP
I already downloaded PostgresQL using the walktrough from this site.
Framework 2.0 is installed (even 3.0 - should i uninstall this one?)

uninstalling HM and reinstalling it as we speak

Davidje
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
So i installed it.

I opened DBcontrolpanell, HMHUD and then i started HoldemManager.exe

now it don't give the backup folder pop-up anymore, but HM won't start either.

EDIT: i think i found it.

fabio
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
What was the problem?

Davidje
07-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your help, in all honesty ... I have no idea what i did to make it work.
Something with creating a database & selecting to start HM. Now the shortcut works as well. Weird

Davidje
07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
But this leaves me with the second problem I had:

I can't buy HM.
Nothing happens if i click the "buy" option when HM starts

morny
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Ill let roy Know about this, in the meantime try the Buy link on the website www.holdemmanager.net or contact Roy at sales@holdemmanager.net

Rvg72
07-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Is it possible your firewall is blocking HM from retrieving the buy now page on the server?

Roy