PDA

View Full Version : cold call ,why is it different?

theprophe
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
hi, what is the difference between call open and cold call preflop in pt2? because the 2 stats are very very different form each other, for example, a player in pt2 would have a stat of say 1.8% and in holdem manager its more like 12%

morny
07-30-2008, 10:21 AM
I cant confirm how PTs is calculated but HM is calculated by the % of time hes faced witha raise and he just calls. The easiest way to verify if its correct or not is narrow it down to a small a sample as possible like when you only played a few hands one day or something and then look through the hands where he faced a raise and called and work out the calculation. I think youll find its correct.

tloapc
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
theprophe
I'm like 83% sure that the answer is with PT a cold call is when someone just calls a raise in position, where as w/ HM the position does not matter

while I'm here,
morny, do you know if it is going to be eventually possible to create your own stats?
not any time soon of course, but is it at least maybe in the drawings?

and I also wonder about the possiblity of color coding in the popups
something tells me that won't be easy to implement but still feel the need to ask

theprophe
07-31-2008, 04:23 AM
i will do a small sample set and find out in the next day or so, i find the stat to be usefull if it just means the player calls a raise in position, and not call a raise from the blinds or out of position. Since you want to know if people are calling rasies in postion because it can make the hand trickier to play since your out of position then.