PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instance of player in database

theprophe
07-30-2008, 06:56 AM
I Installed the a trial version yesterday, converted about 750,000 from pk2, it imported most all them , about 748,500, close enough, but i when i searched for a player stats,say bonkman5, what came up was bonkman5,bOnkman5,Bonkman5,BonkMan5,BonkMaN5,BoNKm An5,
BoNKMaN5,BONKman5 with each one having differet amount of hands.

In pk2 it was all one user bonkman5,any idea whats up?

morny
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Were the imports all from the same site? After each players name does it give the same abbreviations i.e for fULL tILT (ftp)

theprophe
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
the imports were from various sites, but this case the player and others are from pacific (pac) it show after each player, like i said in my pt2 database its only 1 player, but on some players in holdem manager (like bonkman5) there are numerous entries

morny
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Can you filter out all hands from these players and email them to me and put them in seperate folders or something so i know which is which. Email paul.morny at gmail dot com

theprophe
07-31-2008, 04:17 AM
sure, but how would i do this?

Pummi81
07-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Hey,

I guess that on Pacific, login name isn't case sensitive. Some players log in on purpose with same name but different letters being capital, just to mess up others HUDs.

It would be sweet if you could 'autoalias' these players somehow.

Thanks,

Pumm81

Pummi81
07-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Hey,

I guess that on Pacific, login name isn't case sensitive. Some players log in on purpose with same name but different letters being capital, just to mess up others HUDs.

It would be sweet if you could 'autoalias' these players somehow.

Thanks,

Pumm81

One important thing to remeber here is obviously that only same names from same site should be 'autoaliased'.

-Pummi81

theprophe
07-31-2008, 06:59 AM
your right i just logged in with using a capital in my name and it worked, and it shows the capital, so i guess pt2 autoalias the same name (capitals,no capitals) if the next version you can also do this for holdem manager

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Yes, will need to do something like this. That's pretty crazy Pacific does it that way! What I'll probably need to do is force all pacific names to lower case and run something that merges the data in the database.

Roy

Pummi81
08-01-2008, 03:49 AM
Yes, will need to do something like this. That's pretty crazy Pacific does it that way! What I'll probably need to do is force all pacific names to lower case and run something that merges the data in the database.

Roy

About 99% of things they do on Pacific is crazy, so no surprises:)
Anyways, glad you're looking into this. Thanks.

-Pummi81

obigo
08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
any idea when this will be fixed? thanks
great product btw

Rvg72
08-14-2008, 01:11 PM
any idea when this will be fixed? thanks
great product btw

I'll get it fixed in the next test build where all Pacific names are forced to lower case but that won't fix previously imported data. You will still need an alias for that.

Roy

Pummi81
08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Any news on this?

Is there a way to fix this manually?

Alias-thing doesn't seem to work!
If I make an alias for a player with multiple instances in my database, i can get hands merged in HEM but in HUD it only shows hands for that name that player has decided to login with.

morny
08-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Still working on it at the moment but very busy at the moment so it got a bit delayed

Nothing you can do in the meantime because HM dosent display stats on aliases currently

obigo
11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Is this still being looked into?
Cheers!

morny
11-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond here asap

RedBarracuda
06-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond here asap
escalate it once again plz ;)

squalzen
06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello

You could do an update of the database.
Look at the table players

Do something like this

EDIT

In your case
Bonkman5

EDIT

Pummi81
06-07-2009, 03:14 AM
[QUOTE=squalzen;56793]Hello

You could do an update of the database.
Look at the table players

Do something like this

EDIT

Yea, but I guess HUD won't work if Bonkman5 hasn't decided to log in exactly as Bonkman5

squalzen
06-07-2009, 07:03 AM
yes but at least you'll have all the stats for this player.

it's a temporary solution of course

Rvg72
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I'll see if I can get this in during the 1.09 beta's although I think that DB update suggestion would cause more issues then it fixes due to the way HM grabs info so I edited the post.

Roy

Oct0puz
09-01-2009, 03:32 PM
so has this been fixed in the latest beta?

Rvg72
09-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi, you would need to reimport your hands but yes HM does auto convert the names to lower case for Pacific now so that everything will be tracked properly

Roy

kingcobra1
11-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Great - it was working perfectly before this "fix" and now it's created new player names for a lot of players including myself. What the hell was this supposed to fix anyway? We now have everything in lower case but bye bye to the hands we had previously on these players. How do I fix this fix and not end up losing a ton of hands, and get my own stats merged as well? I'm not understanding any of this auto aliasing and merging and such. Can you explain it in English? Damn software problem forced me to go with the beta, I'd love to go back to the original version if that's the only way, can't seem to do that either.

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

kingcobra1
11-03-2009, 12:01 AM
I'll get it fixed in the next test build where all Pacific names are forced to lower case but that won't fix previously imported data. You will still need an alias for that.

Roy

That's not a fix that's the PROBLEM now. So they make it so the stuff now populates in lower case only instead of being case sensitive. So I've got a lot of players who had upper case letters in their names including myself and now everything starts at square one with no hands on anyone in this large category of players. So the question is, is it possible to override this or merge them or whatever? If not, can I get a link to a beta without this "fix" ? Or maybe can you run 2 betas, one for the people who want it, can't imagine why, and one for those of us who don't?

I assume from reading the thread that the complaint was that a few players are manipulating their logins by alternating upper and lower cases but for the sake of trying to put out this small fire you create a huge one. Now this condition, instead of limiting our hands on a few rogue players, does so with the entire database of players that have upper case letters in their name. I can't see this being to the benefit of anyone really.

Pummi81
11-03-2009, 03:08 AM

Roy

That's not a fix that's the PROBLEM now. So they make it so the stuff now populates in lower case only instead of being case sensitive. So I've got a lot of players who had upper case letters in their names including myself and now everything starts at square one with no hands on anyone in this large category of players. So the question is, is it possible to override this or merge them or whatever? If not, can I get a link to a beta without this "fix" ? Or maybe can you run 2 betas, one for the people who want it, can't imagine why, and one for those of us who don't?

I assume from reading the thread that the complaint was that a few players are manipulating their logins by alternating upper and lower cases but for the sake of trying to put out this small fire you create a huge one. Now this condition, instead of limiting our hands on a few rogue players, does so with the entire database of players that have upper case letters in their name. I can't see this being to the benefit of anyone really.

Just export your hands, create a new database and reimport the exported hands. That's what I did and now I have all hands played by 'PLayer', 'PlAyEr', 'PLAYer' etc under one name 'player' as it should be.

kingcobra1
11-03-2009, 04:31 AM
OK well I'm not sure how to do that or even what export your hands means :)

Pummi81
11-03-2009, 06:44 AM
OK well I'm not sure how to do that or even what export your hands means :)

Okay. Maybe someone from HEM crew could chime in and write a little step by step guide of how to rebuild your database. And add it in the FAQs as well. (if there isn't one already)

RedBarracuda
11-03-2009, 09:14 AM

Roy

you should relax. this is a fix, especially against donks who abused this

netsrak
11-03-2009, 01:08 PM
How to export and import hands: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
How to create a new database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

kingcobra1
11-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I should relax - LOL - dude you should think a little more about what you just said. Hmm let's see, a few donks messing around with their screen names so let's totally screw things up. I can tell you from the DB that I've been able to put together already there that this isn't very common but players with upper case characters in their username is damn common. So when you do this you've got to be aware that it's going to mess up everyone DB up until now. I just got this thing about 6 weeks ago so I don't have that large of a DB, total player hands of about 2.4 mil, so probably about 500K actual hands, but even so I'm not happy about losing a lot of this data, and I'm particularly upset about having to start over with my own player name as well. So I don't want to relax, this is almost like someone vandalized my DB, crapped on it on purpose, I suppose if there's no solution then fine I can start over with all these players, I mine an average of 12 hours a day so I'll get enough stats on them before too long, but surely there has to be a better way.

Lure
11-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Guys, I installed the new beta, hands are Ok, BUT - notes are not ! Couldn't you make it so that upper or lower case won't matter for NOTES, PLEASE :mad: