PDA

View Full Version : HM or PostSQL issues...(after repairing windows)

effang
02-01-2009, 01:56 AM
I had some large windows XP issues this morning. Unfortunately, i had to repair the windows XP installation. And by doing so, i no longer can connect to HM Manager (because it can't connect to PostSQL i assume).

I have tried the following steps...

1. open HM
the following error occurred when trying to open the database: failed to establish a connection to '127.0.0.1'
2. I open PG Admin and double click my server, I can't login/connect. I am not sure, I don't believe that it is a password issue, but I can't be sure (how do i find out). Anyways, the following error is shown, regardless of what PW I do use.
Server doesn't listen (the server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports). Based on that, I would assume that it is a connection issue and not a pw issue.
3. I go to admin tools, even viewer, and i have the following entries
waiting for server startup
timed out waiting for server startup
could not create lock file "postmaster.pid" permission denied
4. I try to delete the postmaster.pid file, but I don't have one.
5. I try services, and look at postgres with status of blank (it was starting before, but then after what i did above, it always goes blank). i right click and start
PostgreSQL Db Server 8.3 server started and then stoppped. Some servces stop automatically if they have no work to do...

Now what???

Thanks!

morny
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Can you try to start postgreSQL again then let it give the error and if you go to control panel > admin tools > event viewer and check this section for a postgreSQL error for that time and tell me what the error says

btw the postmaster.pid file should at this location C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\data