PDA

View Full Version : Import Speed of Tourney v Cash

SwizzleStack
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Is there any reason that cash game HHs would import faster than SNG or tourney hands? Just wondering if there is more processing to be done related to the tourney itself versus just each hand in a cash game?

Just wondering,

SwizzleStack

morny
02-01-2009, 11:44 AM
More players would effect this allright if you play 6max cash as the Tourneys would be 9-10max

SwizzleStack
02-04-2009, 03:06 AM
But other than the number of players at a table, there shouldn't be a difference in import speeds of tournies v cash?

Mike chops
02-04-2009, 04:06 PM
Probably due to the ICM equity calculations we are doing for sngs. What sort of difference are you seeing?

SwizzleStack
02-04-2009, 04:18 PM
It was more of a "theoretical" question I guess. I was just trying to figure out why importing large numbers of old HHs (all sngs) was taking so long and why my import speeds on a similar machine to a friend were so much slower (his are all cash game imports).

Rvg72
02-04-2009, 05:08 PM
But other than the number of players at a table, there shouldn't be a difference in import speeds of tournies v cash?

In addition to the two things mentioned, we also stored compiled stats for tourneys based on bb's remaining (in addition to # players) since this will be soon available in the hud

Roy