PDA

View Full Version : FTP Freezing When Importing

redeyedtroll
04-08-2011, 11:53 PM
FTP with freeze for 3-5 seconds whenever it's my action. This is happening while importing hands and play is nearly impossible.

I first performed a vacuum on my database - this did not solve the problem.

I was using postgres 8.3 with HEM 1.11.05e, so I upgraded to postgres 8.4 and HEM 1.11.06c and imported about one-third of my database - this did not solve the problem.

I was successfully running FTP and HEM for well over a year. My database is 3.2 million hands. I have made no changes to software or hardware. I am running Win7 with 4 GB of memory, a Core Duo 2.13 GHz processor, and have Norton Anti-Virus.

I have gone through the sticky that describes 10 tips to make HEM faster. I will next purge hands to see if this makes a difference. Any other suggestions?

netsrak
04-09-2011, 05:03 AM
Norton is a problem, please see this: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-bugs/52951-norton-antivirus-version-1-11-06b.html

If it doesn't help please attach your holdemmanager.config file from c:\program files(x86)\rvg software\holdem manager\config folder (or something similar depending on your installation). it may be just called holdemmanager if you've extensions turned off.