PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find what's missing in this identity

TierTier
01-30-2009, 07:45 AM
In a full ring setting over any given sample...

(Money Made/Lost on Hands where I Vpiped) - [(1/9)BB] - [(1/9SB] = Total Money Won Lost

The above identity should hold and should only be skewed by (a) Hands folded aroundto me inBB and (b) when less than 9 players are sitting in on the table.

(b) is going to dominate (a) above. If anything, the identity should overestimate profit since it always assumes playing the max number of hands per blind level. However, when I compare in HEM my numbers are way off.

Obviously must be missing something simple...

morny
01-30-2009, 12:22 PM
That seems a complicated way to find out your profit when it already tells you and you factor in different table sizes. Anyway at a glance you dont seem to factor in hands where you just fold and dont vpip

TierTier
01-30-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm not figuring it out to determine profit...like you said, it's already calculated. I do like to break stats down in a multitude of ways to see how they interact, though.

If I don't vpip and I'm not in the blind then the identity isn't changed because profit is 0. Only time where me folding would have an affect would be in the blinds, and, that's accounted for...