PDA

View Full Version : quickest way to create a new DB for HM

smf
01-29-2009, 02:19 PM
i think i murdered my DB with a vacuum / analyze (by cancelling it midway... not clever i know)... anyways no biggie, but if i start HM now it freezes when it tries to connect to the DB, how can i create a new one without getting to the database management option?

morny
01-29-2009, 02:24 PM
You can go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager then open the Database Control Panel exe file and from there you can create a new database from there without using the old database

smf
01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
great thx!

smf
01-29-2009, 02:32 PM
eh just realized a minor problem, i havent backed up my notes in 2009, what are my chances at getting to those if i cant even connect to the DB right now? how could i go about that?

morny
01-29-2009, 02:38 PM
The notes are stored within that database on postgreSQL so youll need access to the database im afraid which looks very unlikley given your problem

smf
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM
any ways of repairing a corrupted dbases? i see options for reindexing it in pgadmin III, but i dont want to try anything without a clue of what im doing... :)

morny
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Im far from an expert in PostgreSQL and it may be possible if you want to try and visit the PostgreSQL forums they may be able to help but from my understanding of what Roy has said there isnt much you can do unless its just the indexes that are damaged and in that case you usually get a message saying:

The following error occured: ERROR XX002: Index "playerhandscashnmisc_idx1" is not a Btree

Your not even able to load it and since interrupting database processes by closing in the middle of a procedure is one of the main causes of corrupting a database then it dosent look good.

mksmipalla
01-29-2009, 03:52 PM
The notes are stored within that database on postgreSQL so youll need access to the database im afraid which looks very unlikley given your problem

So what is the best way to back up our notes. I backup my confg file whenever I make a hud change are the notes also in that file or should I use the export notes tab then just move that folder to my backup folder?

morny
01-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Yeah export the notes Hud Options > Notes > Export Notes and keep them in a backup folder

mksmipalla
01-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok thanks.

smf
01-30-2009, 04:48 PM
quick follow up, i reran the vacuum / analyze over my corrupted dbase and behold... 27h later i was able to connect to it again and was able to salvage my notes, thx for the tip with the db control panel, really helped in the meantime.

smf
01-31-2009, 11:11 AM
really minor bug, all players that i just color coded (I.e. only changed the icon and didn't take and actual note) seem to have a note with a one digit number after exporting them and reimporting them to a new database.

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/1949/notesdr9.jpg

running on 1.08 beta 6

in the exportednotes.hmnotes file the player is listed as

----PLAYER NOTE----
XXXXXX~|~10~|~6
~|~4
----PLAYER NOTE----