PDA

View Full Version : year is ignored in date in hem and hud

ole_lukoe
01-28-2009, 11:08 PM
two seemingly related bugs:

1. when i sort hands by date in hem, the year is completely ignored.

2. when i use the option "include only hands newer than..." in hud and put in "1 month", this is ignored as well. i'm thinking this could be explained if the year is ignored here too. (the feature worked fine in 2008)

problem 1 doesn't affect me that much, but problem 2 is quite annoying as i sometimes need to use that feature.

Al1
01-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Does it persists with this version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

ole_lukoe
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Does it persists with this version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

i don't generally like to download beta versions unless clearly necessary, since they may have even more bugs (that's why they are called beta right?).

so, since the problems are clearly not specific to my computer, could you please tell me if they are fixed in the beta version? if not, then i'd much prefer not to install it at all until the official release.

problem 1 is easy to check. problem 2 is also easy: as you well know, all you have to do is to open a replayer window and the stats will appear, so you wouldn't have to open a poker site at all.

Al1
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Betas are more something to be considered like upgrade/fixes. Every new stuffs are included in betas and your HM is generally more stable with the last betas.

I have tested your things here and all works.

ole_lukoe
01-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Betas are more something to be considered like upgrade/fixes. Every new stuffs are included in betas and your HM is generally more stable with the last betas.

I have tested your things here and all works.

i installed the beta version and, while the problems are fixed, there's now a bigger problem - not all hands are displayed in the hud. for example, i have a player on whom i have 1631 hands, but the hud only tells me it's 683 hands. that seems to happen for most, if not all players. i tried setting the "filter by date" parameter at "5000 months", but that didn't help.

:(

P.S. hem seems to report all hands correctly, only the hud is messed up.
P.P.S. i also tried checking the "show only stats up to the date of hand" box and for some players the numbers of hands seems to increase, while for others it decreases!
P.P.P.S. if you cannot fix this problem quickly, please let me know how i roll back the upgrade.

morny
01-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Which Beta are you using and does this happen in the replayer, the live hud or both?

ole_lukoe
01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Which Beta are you using and does this happen in the replayer, the live hud or both?

i downloaded the beta to which Al1 linked earlier in the thread.

i checked and the problem seems to happen only in the replayer.

another problem that persists is that i purged some hands a while ago (1 or 2 months ago) and the hud still includes them in the player's stats. i posted about this problem a while ago and was told that the hud would update its cache, but now i see that that still hasn't happened, even after i installed the update.

morny
01-29-2009, 11:41 PM
Hi were aware this problem with the hud not showing correct stats exists in Beta 6 and possibly a couple of previous ones and we should have it fixed in the next Beta.

The database dosent cache itself but we will be adding this functionality in a later edition however at the moment the only way to force this is to export all the hands and reimport them

ole_lukoe
01-30-2009, 01:22 AM
Hi were aware this problem with the hud not showing correct stats exists in Beta 6 and possibly a couple of previous ones and we should have it fixed in the next Beta.

The database dosent cache itself but we will be adding this functionality in a later edition however at the moment the only way to force this is to export all the hands and reimport them

i'm not sure i understand - do you mean that purging the hands from the database never removes them from the hud stats? i remember a message popping up after i purged the hands that implied that they do get removed at some point.

also, how do i roll back the upgrade to beta 6 from my 1.07 version? the current bug is worse than the bug i originally had when i started this thread.

Al1
01-30-2009, 05:28 AM
i'm not sure i understand - do you mean that purging the hands from the database never removes them from the hud stats? i remember a message popping up after i purged the hands that implied that they do get removed at some point.

also, how do i roll back the upgrade to beta 6 from my 1.07 version? the current bug is worse than the bug i originally had when i started this thread.

Just install the 1.07 version.

ole_lukoe
01-30-2009, 12:23 PM
ok, thanks, and as for my first question

i'm not sure i understand - do you mean that purging the hands from the database never removes them from the hud stats?

did i follow u correctly?

morny
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Theyre removed when we update the cache, there isnt a procedure in place at the moment that does this automatically or manually so you can either wait until we implement that feature or export and reimport your hands into a new database which achieves the same effect

vlsup
11-06-2009, 03:36 AM
This was written long, long ago
But now, in 1.09 - can I force cache update manually?
To make stats from totally purged (via menu Options-Purge) hands disappear
Or what to do?

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 12:03 PM
The Cache Rebuilder has not been implemented yet.

You can suggest it, or vote for it, here - http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/5307-holdem-manger-suggestions