PDA

View Full Version : Shortcut to open HM with different databases?

rivernuts
01-28-2009, 04:43 AM
Hi,

I have 2 databases for 2 different poker rooms, is it possible to have 2 different desktop shortcuts to open HM with different databases, if not, is it possible to buy another copy of HM so I can have each copy connected to a different database?

regards,
Ken

PCP Poker
01-28-2009, 12:04 PM
There may be a much easier way to do this, but here's one way:

Assuming you installed HEM in the default directory, go to the folder C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config

and open the file HoldemManager.config using any text program such as Notepad or Word

notice in the the third and fourth lines:
SERVER=127.0.0.1;PORT=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=postgr espass
CurrentDatabase">HoldemManager

This is the database info that HEM is configured to use by default, yours may look slightly different. What you can do is make a copy of this HoldemManager.config file that contains the info for the other database you want to connect to. Then swap these files before running HEM. You can even write a very simple script using AutoIT or AHK that could do this for you automatically. I may have time later tonight to whip up a script if you are interested, but you should be able to figure it out.

rivernuts
01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I decided to try to just copy the entire Holdem Manager folder to another partition and it seemed to have worked. Thanks anyways for the ideas.