PDA

View Full Version : HEM using bandwidth

Rapala
01-28-2009, 04:03 AM
Unfortunately I live in a country where I have to pay quite a bit per GB bandwidth used, and as such I monitor how much my apps are using. Kaspersky's network monitor is reporting that yesterday HMimport used 145MB incoming and 334MB outgoing and holdem manager used 52MB incoming.

Why would HEM need to use any bandwidth? Hopefully this is just a bug in the kaspersky program.

morny
01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond here asap

Rvg72
01-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Unfortunately I live in a country where I have to pay quite a bit per GB bandwidth used, and as such I monitor how much my apps are using. Kaspersky's network monitor is reporting that yesterday HMimport used 145MB incoming and 334MB outgoing and holdem manager used 52MB incoming.

Why would HEM need to use any bandwidth? Hopefully this is just a bug in the kaspersky program.

Hi, it must be watching local traffic as well. Holdem Manager communicates to the postgresql database using port 5432. It generates a lot of traffic but none of the traffic leaves your pc.

The only traffic HM would do over the net is if you open a help page that is web based and when it first launches it checks to see if a new version is available and this can be turned off in the holdemmanager.config

Roy

Rapala
02-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Thanks Roy, you're absolutely right. I installed another network monitor and it reports no internet activity from HEM.