PDA

View Full Version : HM not importing all the PT2 hands

Black winter day
07-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I have 2 databases, one with about 250k hands and another one with 575k (i am talking about only the hands i played). I did all the steps specified in the FAQ, but for some reason HM imported only about 200k hands...

I have all the hands saved in zip and rar files and it took me a long time to unrar and unzip them all (esp the annoying crypto way of 1 hand per each file) and then to do another import, this time it imported another 250k hands and i now have only half of the overall hands i played:(

This is a major turnoff, since i purchased HM with the intention of it tol become my main tracker.

What is going on, how can it be fixed somehow?
Maybe i should make imports from PT smaller every time? Like "only 5-10 hands" etc?

Will really appreciate a quick solution to the problem. Thanks.

morny
07-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Are you using the latest release? Latest Version of Holdem Manager available is: 1.06.01i and is available here: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdatex.exe, what about trying to export directly from where PT sends processed hands, ive heard some people say this worked for them when the exported hands wouldnt?

Black winter day
07-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I do have the latest release and those zip and rar were the processed hands, but still almost half of the overall hands is missing...

What should i do?

Black winter day
07-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Ok, figured part of the problem - it doesn't support gbp hands at all.

I think, the problem is that PT2 exports those hands with a "J", example:

Game #6213956823: Hold'em NL (Ј2/Ј5) - 2008/07/23 - 00:29:02 (UK)
Table "TheSummit" Seat 6 is the button.
Seat 1: pb63668 (Ј191.72 in chips)
Seat 2: Jas0707 (Ј584.94 in chips)
Seat 3: MACHone (Ј672.71 in chips)
Seat 4: Jon040124 (Ј477.20 in chips)
Seat 5: bwd27 (Ј591.95 in chips)
Seat 6: Parlielad (Ј286.06 in chips)
pb63668: posts small blind Ј2
Jas0707: posts big blind Ј5
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to bwd27 [Qd As]
MACHone: folds
Jon040124: folds
bwd27: raises to Ј18
Parlielad: folds
pb63668: folds
Jas0707: folds
Returned uncalled bets Ј13 to bwd27
bwd27: doesn't show hand
bwd27 collected Ј12 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot Ј12 Main pot Ј12 Rake Ј0
Seat 1: pb63668 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Jas0707 (big blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: MACHone folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Jon040124 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: bwd27 collected Ј12
Seat 6: Parlielad (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
****HAND ENDS****

So, HEM doesn't recognise those hands. I heard from ppl that import fresh hands from gbp games that it doesn't recognise them as pounds at all for that matter.

Could you fix the issue? I play a lot of pounds games..

Also, unrelated, but something i can't figure out - i created a few aliases to combine stats...but how do i see the combined stats at the cash game tabs?

Rvg72
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
I've never seen that "J" for exported pound hands... That's going to be pretty ugly to fix! Are you sure it isn't a setting you might have in PT2 that is causing them to come out this way?

Regarding aliases, setup your alias and then click on "Change" and select your alias name from the search list. The site will be listed as ALIAS

Roy

Black winter day
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
What kind of a setting could it be?
I don't have anything like that, this is how the pound hands actually come out from the Crypto.

Can you release a fix for that? Right now i kinda can't use HM, because most of my hands are in pounds...

Black winter day
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM
And is there a filter "by site" in the cash games tab?

Can't find it.

Rvg72
07-30-2008, 05:21 PM
What kind of a setting could it be?
I don't have anything like that, this is how the pound hands actually come out from the Crypto.

Can you release a fix for that? Right now i kinda can't use HM, because most of my hands are in pounds...

Hi, weren't these PT2 converted hands? If these are original Crypto hands then please send me a bunch of hand histories

Thanks

Roy

Black winter day
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
The thing is - if you look at the "instant history" at the Crypto, it's with the J sign. When you import it into PT, it changes to the £ sign. I guess, when you export the hands back from PT, it changes them back to J.

I don't think the fix is actually that hard, all you have to do is let HM know, that whenever it says (ЈX/ЈX) the Js should be regarded as pounds. I am not a programmer, so have no way of telling you how to actually do it, but logically this shouldn't be a big problem.

Do you want me to send you a bunch of exported hands with the J in them?
If yes, tell me where should i send them?

Another example:

Game #6214213183: Hold'em NL (Ј2/Ј5) - 2008/07/23 - 01:02:56 (UK)
Table "TheSummit" Seat 3 is the button.
Seat 1: pb63668 (Ј342.97 in chips)
Seat 3: MACHone (Ј825.26 in chips)
Seat 4: luck01 (Ј495 in chips)
Seat 5: bwd27 (Ј633.95 in chips)
Seat 6: BIMBO (Ј507 in chips)
luck01: posts small blind Ј2
bwd27: posts big blind Ј5
----- HOLE CARDS -----
dealt to bwd27 [8s Kh]
BIMBO: folds
pb63668: folds
MACHone: folds
luck01: folds
Returned uncalled bets Ј3 to bwd27
bwd27: doesn't show hand
bwd27 collected Ј4 from Main pot
----- SUMMARY -----
Total pot Ј4 Main pot Ј4 Rake Ј0
Seat 1: pb63668 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: MACHone (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: luck01 (small blind) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: bwd27 (big blind) collected Ј4
Seat 6: BIMBO folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Edit: To clarify, yes, those are the original Crypto "pound" hands. How much do you want me to send you and where?

Black winter day
07-30-2008, 08:45 PM
And if you are fixing that, can you please fix the conversion issues?
I want to be able to convert my results from pounds and euros to dollars.

Several sites now use Eur or GBP for their games, i think it will be beneficial to a lot more than just Crypto players (and there a lot of those as well, btw).

Thanks in advance.

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 02:55 AM
Hi, multi currency support is coming after tourney support is added so it is one of the highest priority items.

Yes, please send me a 1000 hands or so in order to make sure I can import them all. Make sure that they are the original crypto hands (not PT exported) and the more the better. Please send to support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks,

Roy

Black winter day
07-31-2008, 03:10 AM
I will email you about 20000 hands, that i have in one of the zipped files, but the problem is, that some of them are usd and some of them are pound and i have no way of knowing which is which.

So, if you can import them all (or as many as you wish in any case) and sort out the pound from the dollars - excellent, if you only need the gbp hands for this, then tell me, i will have to pick them out hand by hand, because crypto makes an individual file for every hand.

AlekseiK
07-31-2008, 06:43 AM
Hi,
I have the same problem with import - hands played for GBP are not imported to HM.
I did some investigation and found out that this comes from regional settings - "non-unicode programs language' If I have this set to Russian, I cannot import hand histories, If I change it to English-UK, export works fine, but Russian symbols are corrupted in other applications.
I have 2 PCs at home and if I import hands from other PC it doesn't matter what settings are on the source PC, it only depends on settings on the PC where HM is running.

Black winter day
07-31-2008, 04:55 PM
This actually make sense, cause my regional settings are set to russian.

If you change it back, can you see all the hands with the pound sign or just the new hands you played?

I will try to change the settings and report back, in the meanwhile.

Edit: Ok, after changing the non unicode settings to english and restarting the pc, i can see the pound sign and HM imports the hand histories. But as Alexei said, i can't use any other files with russian text, so it's pretty annoying, especially considering the fact that the notepad file i keep my poker results at is in russian.

So, would really like a fix for this issue, especially, since PT didn't have a problem with the J hands, so it's solvable. With the growing east european poker market, you will have many clients with this issue.

Rvg72
08-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Will do, got your hands so should be able to make this work

Roy

AlekseiK
08-15-2008, 03:27 AM
Any news?
I forced to use English as non-Unicode language and this is causing many troubles with other software.

Black winter day
08-15-2008, 08:38 AM
I am waiting for this as well, cant use HM till it fixed:(

Prefer it to come with the currencies fix, big issue as well.

Please, guys, make this your priority!

Stake Monster
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm getting a ton of duplicates as well, mostly from Ongame HHs exported from PT2 (and some from Stars also).

I have saved all the HHs and hopefully the issue will be fixed soon. If you'd like ongame HHs please let me know!

morny
08-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Stake, are you using the newest version http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01u.exe download that, purge the hands http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=152 where youve got duplicates. Put these HH in a new folder otherwise HM will think its the same hands again and ignore them and then reimport them as there was a good few ongame HH fixes released in the last few releases and again in the release i linked above

Stake Monster
08-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks, Roy helped me fixed it by email. Here's what I did:

i re-setup PT2 with Postgres 8.3 (as opposed to 8.2) and restored my old PT DB, and re-exported all the ongame hands but only by level so there would be less hands exported. It works now when I import them in HEM.

thanks! I will purchase HEM now.

Black winter day
09-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Any update on this?
Still can't use HM because of the issue....

Black winter day
09-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Accidental double post.

Boom
09-27-2008, 05:07 AM
When are u guys gonna get the multi currency support out? I need a hud on the pound tables damn it.

morny
09-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Tourney Support is being worked on now, then multi currency support is after that