PDA

View Full Version : HM and Postgre probs

Alex84
01-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Cant even het HM to start this message appears (in the attachment) when i click the .exe file and when i click connect it says : 'the username and/or password are incorrect. Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the database to accept this login and password?' If i say no im back to the connect window if i say yes 'Holdem Manager updated PostGRESQL. Please try connecting again'. I've tried with postgres (or whatever username was standard) and it's the same. I've read the FAQ tried to start postgre service still nothing. Help pls!

Edit: i uninstalled and installed postgresql again (after deleting the directories) and now when i try to connect, after the 'Would you like to have Holdem Manager configure the database to accept this login and password?' if i click yes it says 'Sorry Holdem manager was unable to make this change'. I have to mention the name 'postgres' as the login name gave an error as stated in the faq and the postgresql is not installed on c:\ (the directory which has windows on it). Also there was a screen when i installed the frickin postgresql thing which required me to type in a 2nd password (it said that it should be different from the 1st and composed of at least 4 letters), so i chose a different password. I tried every username with every password what should i do next?

Later edit: i finally made it and started the hem. Please delete this last thread if you want.