PDA

View Full Version : Poor Performance multitabling on Entraction

Kontra
04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Hello,

I multitable at entraction, somewhere between 12 to 22 tables.
Everytime i multitable about 18 or 20 tables for 1 hour, the computer starts to perform really poorly, with huge lag on actions, clicks and all, making it impossible to play. I restart, join tables again, and after another hour, the same prolem occurs.

- The computer is top notch with everything of the best (2K box)
- The HM database is big, about 2GB
- The network is entraction

What could be the problem, and possible ways for me to try to have a good performance multitabling for severall hours without rebooting?

Thank you

RDB
04-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Your database size is not really an issue here. 2GB is a small database.
Please install the latest version from here: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

Give Holdem Manager Admin Privileges
1) Go to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager (Program Files (x86) if you have the 64bit version)
2) Rightclick the HoldemManager.exe and choose "Properties".
3) Go to the Compatibility Tab and select "Run this program as an Administrator". If this option is grayed out its because youve UAC disabled, enable UAC, reboot, then do step 3 and you can then turn UAC back off again if you wish.
4) Repeat Steps 2 and 3 for HMHud.exe and DBControlPanel.exe

Try disabling as many programs as possible such as AHK scripts, Firewall, LimeWire, Mikogo etc. and Antiviruses and if they can’t be disabled make sure you add all these programs to the exceptions list such as HMhud.exe, DBcontrol panel.exe and holdemmanager.exe from the Holdem Manager folder as well as any of the other programs that happen to be running, sometimes for example the antivirus/firewall etc. scan every file that’s been processed and it can slow things down so running with as few programs as possible.

Also keep task manager running and have it sort by CPU in the Processes TAB and see what is using the most CPU when the lagging happens.

Also please see this thread for performance tips.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html