PDA

View Full Version : HUD for tournaments

nme
01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
So im pretty new to holdem manager, and i play mostly SnG's and MTT and im trying to make a clean looking hud with only stats usefull in tournaments. right now i have:

Hands / VPIP / Agression Factor

Are there any other stats that would be usefull in tourneys other then these?

And about colour ranges what colour ranges would u use? I dont really know when the stats are normaly considered tight or loos, and agrassive/passive.

I think only the stats i use at the moment are usefull in tourneys becouse for the rest of the stats you might need a bigger sample of hands then just the once you have seen in the current tournament.

Basicly, i want to be able to see if someone is Tight Agressive / Loose Agressive / Tight Passive / Loose Passive so any help with the ranges for that would be great.

weta
01-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Hi,
From my understanding you should be able to tell if someone is Tight or Loose by there VPIP. I find under 18 is tight, over 30 is loose but a lot depends on the site your playing at and the levels your playing.

As for colour coding that's a matter of personal preference, I like to use reds for warnings (i.e. I'm usually more worried about tight players than loose ones if I'm in a hand so low VPIPs get reds (warning), also if they fold to 100% of blind steals or CBs it 'green' light...). If they check raise a lot that's a red.

You might want to add Pre flop raise (PFR) in their, hi PFR and Agg tell you the Agressive/Passive part of it.

Of course that's only the beginning. I like adding in Check Raise as it's a factor of how tricky an opponent is likely to be.

Also fold to steal from small blind, fold to steal from big blind is good when it comes to stealing blinds, it also helps tell you if your maybe being too predictable and likely to get taken advantage of.

Lastly I like continuation bet and fold to flop continuation bet. The continuation bet tells you how likely your going to have to pay on the flop if you call preflop. The fold to CB tells you how likely a bluff will work or if you want a call, how likely they'll play along.

best o luck....

GrumpyDadPoker
01-27-2009, 08:48 PM
weta quite good thoughs, I'm also willing to understand which information I want to show on my HUD for Tourneys.

What's your view about resetting the value per blind level? :confused:

weta
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
Lol, I didn't know you could do that. I've only been using HEM for a while, I used other software until then (tournament indicator) and took notes for the other stuff I mentioned there on the frequency of those things (i.e. CBs/CRs, etc.)

I think that would be great.

For 4-5 players maybe add steals, would have to think about it for a while.

It would be especially good when I'm heads up I view it almost as a totally different game so you already know your tags from your lags and your passives but it would be good to start from scratch for HU. I'd be comfortable using a few more stats too as by then it's worth paying more attention to the specific table (if your multitabling that is...)

Hmmm, what would be good...
Preflop Raise
Fold to 2 bet
Fold to 3 bet
CR
CB, Fold to cont bet on flop/turn/riv (though I guess it doesn't get that far usually)

How do you set that to happen to reset itself? Any other ideas?

weta
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Oh, one other thing that a reset would be good for, is as I've started seeing repeat players collecting there stats for higher blinds can be very different than there stats for lower blinds, I guess that's what you were getting at.

igySK
01-28-2009, 04:53 AM
imo Attempt to steal is aslo good to have in HUD

weta
01-28-2009, 08:54 AM
what ranges would you think over a sampling of hands would you consider valid?

At a guess, even when I'm I'm in prime stealing mode of say 70%, usually 35% of that range is valid for betting it's not valid for a resteal (is that what it's called, I forget).

There are some nice formulas that sheets does on Pokerxfactor but when multitabling there's usually not enough time.

thx

Tittenkalle
02-03-2009, 03:10 PM
I´m absolute HM noob: Does HM filter blind lvls during live play?
Where do I set this option?

weta
02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Ya, me too (noob that is), anyone know how to do that?

morny
02-03-2009, 04:48 PM
Its in Hud Options > Additional HUD Filters

GrumpyDadPoker
02-03-2009, 05:28 PM
Its in Hud Options > Additional HUD Filters

That's it! I like to do like that as stats for first level of the tourney where the blinds are very small compared with stack sizes are not relevant to the rounds when there are antes and stealing the pot pre-flop make a lot of sense

Tittenkalle
02-03-2009, 06:53 PM
That's it! I like to do like that as stats for first level of the tourney where the blinds are very small compared with stack sizes are not relevant to the rounds when there are antes and stealing the pot pre-flop make a lot of sense

sry, dont understand all (my english). Do you mean with this answer that the filter for exact blind lvls works well?!

+EV
02-04-2009, 06:34 PM

Does this mean that if we uncheck the box to include hands from other limits that it will only include hand from the current blind level as well as the current tourney buyin?

+EV

stretch00
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=8009768&page=0&vc=1
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055197237
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69/micro-stakes-pl-nl/some-good-know-pa-hud-stuff-long-98959-2-post2138893/
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/official-stats-graphs-analysis-thread-158015/?referrerid=101381

That's just a few!! If you search 2+2 or any of the forums you will find a wealth of information.
One of the best things is right there in your HM it's the ARTICLES SECTION,open that and start @ the beginning PLUGGING LEAKS 01 and use it.
It will guide you through a lot of the what you are asking for,also showing you a lot about your game.After doing the first few articles you should have a good grasp on some of HMs capabilities.
I also just started using HM and found the articles to be great in every aspect, even if you do not have a big enough hand history to be accurate it still gets you using the software.
Hope this helps.:cool:

nme
02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=8009768&page=0&vc=1
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055197237
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/69/micro-stakes-pl-nl/some-good-know-pa-hud-stuff-long-98959-2-post2138893/
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/78/micro-stakes-full-ring/official-stats-graphs-analysis-thread-158015/?referrerid=101381

That's just a few!! If you search 2+2 or any of the forums you will find a wealth of information.
One of the best things is right there in your HM it's the ARTICLES SECTION,open that and start @ the beginning PLUGGING LEAKS 01 and use it.
It will guide you through a lot of the what you are asking for,also showing you a lot about your game.After doing the first few articles you should have a good grasp on some of HMs capabilities.
I also just started using HM and found the articles to be great in every aspect, even if you do not have a big enough hand history to be accurate it still gets you using the software.
Hope this helps.:cool:

Thank you your post has been most usefull!

coffeeneone
03-20-2009, 02:05 PM
This has been some really good information. I will look into the Articles section soon, but I was wondering if there is a way to configure your HUD and seeing the layout without being in a game? I play on PS and FT. I'd love to be able to play with a layout with out being in a game. I know you can use the Replayer, but is there an exact PS or FT layout that you can use off line? I mainly play tournaments or full ring.

Thanks for any help!

Coffeeneone

Bingo_Babe
03-21-2009, 10:16 AM
This has been some really good information. I will look into the Articles section soon, but I was wondering if there is a way to configure your HUD and seeing the layout without being in a game? I play on PS and FT. I'd love to be able to play with a layout with out being in a game. I know you can use the Replayer, but is there an exact PS or FT layout that you can use off line? I mainly play tournaments or full ring.

Thanks for any help!

Coffeeneone

There is no way to do it offline unless you use the replayer... But if you have internet just go on FTP and open up a table and you will get a HUD after a full complete hand. And then on PS there is a setting where you can automatically get a previously completed hand at the table. So then your HUD would pop up there. So there are ways.

GrumpyDadPoker
04-17-2009, 06:00 AM
T... But if you have internet ...
LOL :p and if youd don't have internet, why would you care?