PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMELY slow first import

ClutchCity
07-29-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm trying to convert my DB's from another program into HEM. I exported all of the files from the old DB's into one folder. There's only like 1.3M hands and I'm positive my system is more than equipped to handle a lot. Yet, look how slow the import is going:
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1052/slowimpks9.png

That can't be standard... can it?

The first time I tried this manual import a while ago it started off at 80hands/sec. Then, I was running out of disk space, so I stopped the import, deleted 30 gigs, then restarted my computer. I tried doing the import again using the same folder, and now it's this slow....

Rvg72
07-29-2008, 05:06 PM
Try www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01m.exe

Roy

ClutchCity
07-29-2008, 05:29 PM
That didn't help. :( In fact, it's going even slower now.

ClutchCity
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Bump. Why is this normally fast program so slow for me?

Rvg72
07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
It is tough to say, some people are importing at well over 100 h/s and others at below 10/s with seemingly the same type of setups. So you are running 1.06.01m now? What speeds are you getting?

What types of hands are these, ie 6max/full and what site?

Roy

ClutchCity
07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
6h/s using version m. FT 6m mostly but there is some FT FR and tournies mixed in as well.

JPFisher55
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I just purchased HM. I installed 1.06.01 and am trying to import about 140,000 hands which are mostly Poker Stars. But my import rate is about 2.8 and it says it will take 13+ hours. What now?

morny
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Latest Version of Holdem Manager available is: 1.06.01m and is available here: http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01m.exe

Is it the one above there has probably been 10 releases since 1.06.01 was released a,b,c,d,e,f, etc so id suggest aborting and import and updating as alot of those updates concentrated on improving speeds.

ClutchCity
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Well I'm definitely glad I didn't pay for the program yet. It's been useless and the support less than thrilling...

fabio
07-30-2008, 04:26 PM
What kind of computer do you have?

JPFisher55
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
What kind of computer do you have?

I have an Emachines T3985 and am using 1.06.01m. Import speed is 6.3s. When I first started import it was faster, but slowed down and seems to be holding at this rate.

fabio
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Increasing your ram would make a very big difference especially given your lower end CPU

JPFisher55
07-30-2008, 06:50 PM
I already have 1 meg of ram.

JPFisher55
07-30-2008, 09:18 PM
I tried defragmenting with no increased speed. Running at about 2.8s. I'll have to import my hands overnight. I hope this is the only problem with Holdem Manager.

ClutchCity
07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Dell Vostro
Processor: 1500 T7100(1.8GHZ) CORE 2.
Hard Drive: 120G HARD DRIVE, 5400RPM.
Ram: 2GB,DDR2,667MHZ,2 DIMM.

The whole computer slows down massive when I run the HEM import, and I just reformatted a couple of months ago and it runs fine otherwise. Using HEM version M and stuck on 6h/sec or less.

morny
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
Clutch,

As Roy said people with similar setups are running 100h/s but the difficulty is finding out why a small minority of people are having these slow import speeds. Were doing our best to find the solutions but these are difficult sitations to recreate since so few people are experiencing the problem.

Roy has been working on alot of releases over the last few months which improve speed and although this had a big impact for almost everyone some people still have these problems. If youd like to join the Beta group to help solve the problem please contact Roy at support@holdemmanager.net and you will get to try the updates first and see if their having an impact and the information you give about these will help Roy to slove the matter more quickly but this is an extremely difficult problem to solve for the few people that are having these problems.

One thing that has helped people is to Defragment their hard drive. It takes several hours so its probably best to do it overnight. Go to Start> Program >Accessories > System Tools > Disk Defragment

While it might not be much consolation once you have the auto import over and done with unless your doing a savage amount of datamining in excess of 30 tables you shouldnt have any problems with auto import and the HUD speed shouldnt be effected. I have slow import speeds but my HUD is very fast and i datamine 16 tables minimum 24 hours a day without any problems.

Pasinger
07-31-2008, 10:31 AM
I tried defragmenting with no increased speed. Running at about 2.8s. I'll have to import my hands overnight. I hope this is the only problem with Holdem Manager.

Have you tried to temporarily disable your Anti-Virus-Software during import? Some of these Programs check EVERY file, so the PC can be slowed down quite much during file operations like importing files.

JazzPunk
07-31-2008, 11:23 AM
I'm not sure that this is only a problem of few people.

To produce a version of HM with some traces would help to find the problem.

JazzPunk
07-31-2008, 11:54 AM
When I look at the gereman forum of pokerstategy.com there are many people with big speed problems. Most have a bigger database (3.5 mio hand) and the import speed is poor. The slowest import speed reported is 0.1 hands/s. Most people who are at first enthusiastic about HEM are now some kind of disappointed. I'm also.

Not all people reports this bug. And not all customers are able or willing to explain there problems in english. Some people say that they will wait until the bug is fixed. But does'n report this bug.

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 01:05 PM
I'll be working on a version today with a detailed log that can be turned on for importing. I know it is affecting more than a few people but still it is a small minority which makes finding the problem very tricky.

The version with the debug importing will be 1.06.01p and I will post a link in this thread when it is ready.

Roy

Rvg72
07-31-2008, 07:34 PM
Please download

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01n2.exe

Then create a file name tracelog.txt in your holdem manager\config folder

I spent all day on the importing piece so I'm hoping some / most of these < 10h/s people get big improvements. If not then after an "import folder" send me the C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Importing\Logs\ImportTrace.txt file to support@holdemmanager.net (this will only appear if you create the tracelog.txt file into your config folder)

And by the way, on huge DB's the hands/second with this build will start low but will continually increase. So for example, mine starts at about 20 but quickly is up over 40-45 with a 12 million hand DB

Roy

ClutchCity
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the help Roy, I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

ClutchCity
08-01-2008, 02:25 AM
Well, 4 hours later and running at a blistering 5 hands/sec using version n2.:rolleyes: :(

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Please try "o"

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/hmupdate1.06.01o.exe

Also, create the file TraceLog.txt in your holdem manager\config folder then send me your ImportTrace.txt file from the importing\logs folder

Roy

ClutchCity
08-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Yeah, I created it before trying the import using n2. Do you want me to send the log from that, or do you want me to wait to send until after trying version o?

Rvg72
08-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Please keep the log in the folder and then use "o" and send me the log afterwards letting me know apx what time you switched to "o"

Roy

ClutchCity
08-02-2008, 04:17 PM
There's nothing writing to the log...

I wonder if the slow import issues have to do with a postgres configuration problem?

ClutchCity
08-03-2008, 03:00 AM
WOW. I just opened HEM up and tried importing from the folder again, and it started running at 209h/sec!! I hope that keeps up. Thanks for your work on the new version, Roy.

morny
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Im Jealous:D From 5h/s to over 200p/s Drug Test IMO for your machine

Rvg72
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
WOW. I just opened HEM up and tried importing from the folder again, and it started running at 209h/sec!! I hope that keeps up. Thanks for your work on the new version, Roy.

wow, I'm thinking something must be wrong! got my fingers crossed though.

Roy

ClutchCity
08-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Maybe my computer is just retarded or something. I tried importing that whole folder ~1.2GB folder again today because there had been 4 days of HH's since (and just to see if it would have the same functionality results) and it stayed steady at 130. Not quite as good but still very solid and a big improvement from earlier in the week. Weird.

Now my problem is that it's not moving the processed files. I have auto import set up to move them to a folder which I made sure exists. Instead I get the message that HEM will be slow unless I move them. However, I can't figure out how to manually move them.

The folder I imported all of the hands from was the one in which I exported all of the PT3 hands to. I planned on deleting that. When it says the processed files haven't been moved, that's not what it's referring to is it? Or is there some other place HEM would have wrote them to?

JazzPunk
08-04-2008, 03:23 AM
With version "o" the import speed is lower than with version "n2". With version "n2" the import speed was 14-15 h/s and somtimes around 20 h/s. With version "o" I have 11.6 h/s.

I have also the problem that the import stops itself without importing or importing only a part of the hands. Maybe this is an unhandeled timeout.

morny
08-04-2008, 02:05 PM
Cluth sounds like youve setup a loop,

You have files auto importing from folder A and processing completed files to folder B and then you have HM set to Import Hands from Folder B (pt3 Hands)

I think so going by your description, maybe post your config file until i have a better look. To manually move the files just copy and paste them from the auto import file to the folder you setup from processing into. Maybe they didnt move because PT3 was using them at the same time.